Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Shotgun Discussion (
-   -   How Would You Dress Up A Mossberg 590A1? (

PanBaccha 01-21-2012 06:03 PM

How Would You Dress Up A Mossberg 590A1?
1 Attachment(s)
How would you dress up a Mossberg 590A1 with accessories ... and why? ... if shotgun speaks for itself as is? ... Opinions?

rigjumpr 01-21-2012 06:08 PM

Albeit a 500, I went this way you can do anything you like

Jpyle 01-21-2012 06:14 PM

I personally believe a simple pump action shotty should remain simple and doesn't really need all the things I have seen people hang off of them. But a side saddle OR stock mounted shell holder, but not both as pictured below, does come in handy. Heat shield mounted ghost ring sights (not pictured) aren't bad either. YMMV

PanBaccha 01-21-2012 10:47 PM

Thanks for the response fellas!

Glasshartt 01-21-2012 11:46 PM

A Blackhawk Knoxx stock.

kfox75 01-22-2012 08:37 AM

First add a clolapsable buttstock, or a side or top folder. Then a trirail fore end so you can hang a "tacticool" light, laser, and coffee maker off it......:rolleyes:

Seriosly, who needs all that cr@p? Why do people turn a 6.5 lb. shotgun into a 15 lb. monstosity? If the one pictured in the OP was mine, I'd leave it alone. It was made to do a certain job already, why mess with it?

Slugo 01-22-2012 12:14 PM

NICE gun Jpyle! Simple, but serious...

nastyogre 01-22-2012 12:34 PM

My 8 shot 500 wears a pistol grip speedfeed stock, surefire railed forend, surefire e2d light in a vltor mount, and an eotech 512 on a millet saddle rail. Yes it's a heavy gun as mentioned but I'm a big boy and I can handle it. Had the knoxx recoil reducing stock on it for awhile but wanted a better cheek weld with the eotech. Other than that, the knoxx was great too. I train with a vest on and the length of pull is just a hair long with the speedfeed so given that I would get the entry (shorter) model next time. Hope this helps. :-)

downsouth 01-22-2012 12:55 PM

I'm in the keep it simple crowd. That's the whole charm of a pump shotgun for me. I noticed you have the speedfeed butt stock. Almost a hundred dollars if purchased seperate. Also, you would loose the 4 round capacity. About the only thing I'll change on mine is the sling and hardware, seems a bit small.

Buckethead47 01-22-2012 03:31 PM

It depends on the guns, use. Like my 870 is my only gun hunting and hd. plain pistol grip is a no no. barrels don't really matter as you can change them very easily. I have the blackhawk noxx stock. I may add an extended tube and mount a flashlight to it and call it a day. I always loose my light in the woods hunting. But my gun never leaves my hand. So like I said. The mods you do toy your gun depends on what you need it to do.