Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > how to secure a shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

My kids grew up around firearms and knew the rules well. What you have to worry about is when your kids have some friend over who doesn't know jack about "real" guns. I knew all of my parents hiding places, early on. I even knew where my dad kept his condoms, though I had no clue what they were for. Getting a bit off subject; you should have seen my mom's face when she caught me and a friend in the front yard blowing up those baloons. I haven't thought of that in years.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 4

You fill 'em up with water and throw them off the roof, right?

PS - the "friend" is named Gage, and he's the type that would dare my kid to jump off the proverbial bridge. Nothing but bad news with Gage. Lil sh*t. It's unfortunate, but we saw him out trick-or-treating by himself this year. He's 8. Divorced parents, mom has a fleet of kiddos, different dads, and grandma runs the house with a marlboro red 100 hangin' out of her mouth over the babies cradle. Whew. I actually feel bad for the kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
My kids grew up around firearms and knew the rules well. What you have to worry about is when your kids have some friend over who doesn't know jack about "real" guns. I knew all of my parents hiding places, early on. I even knew where my dad kept his condoms, though I had no clue what they were for. Getting a bit off subject; you should have seen my mom's face when she caught me and a friend in the front yard blowing up those baloons. I haven't thought of that in years.

Last edited by JeffCooper; 11-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.