Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > How to "Ghost Load" or "Carrier Load" or "Float a Round" a Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
Like I said, I'm not aware of many people that enjoy "Tactical Duck Hunting" with a M4 Benelli.
The m4 isn't the only gun capable of being ghost loaded....I'm pretty sure all of the benelli style of inertia action can be ghost loaded

Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #12

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Mossy 930 - 7+1+1

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #13

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BUFLteRFBOc

Mossy 930 - 9 rounds -rapid fire Benelli crusher...

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 05-20-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 886 Times on 404 Posts
Likes Given: 70

You can do that with my Chiappa 1873 12 ga. 5 + 2
image-1834611571.jpg

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #15

Liked 113 Times on 87 Posts

I know some of the newer Benellis have a notch on the bottom of the bolt or carrier that prevents this, so I guess they got the word. I have done a little scouting around, and it appears some wardens already know about this and are checking. None of my guns will do it, and I am not into tactical so I was oblivious. It appears several brands of pumps and semi autos can do this. I don't know all the state laws, but I know the Federal boys can confiscate your gun - saw it happen in Maryland. Guy had only been loading two in the magazine, but he had forgotten his plug.
If you have a gun that can be ghost loaded, and you plan to waterfowl hunt, or hunt where the capacity is limited by law, I would get in touch with the manufacturer and see if they have a fix they can send you. Losing your gun and getting smacked with a hefty fine would make for a bad day.
I got a $385 fine 20 years ago for one dove over the limit. My dog was retrieving for me and a couple of other guys. I had actually walked back to the truck and unloaded and was sitting there drinking an iced tea when the warden checked me. I have never been more shocked than when he counted the birds. I counted them again, and told him what must have happened. He was very sympathetic as he wrote out the ticket. He said, "You know I could confiscate your gun, too, don't you?" Terror struck me as I glanced at my $5500 SxS 28 gauge. He must have been scared I was going to have a heart attack, because he quickly added he wasn't going to. I have been a wee bit more careful since.

What could have happened... did.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #16

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BUFLteRFBOc

Mossy 930 - 9 rounds -rapid fire Benelli crusher...
Love Big Daddy and his channel.

I like to go fast too! The key here is the shirt. Got to wear the ugliest shirt you can find to get full speed out of the M4.

Of course, you can also go fast with eight round, but ONLY if you wear a long sleeve button down business shirt:

Last edited by Amsdorf; 05-20-2013 at 12:27 PM.
readygirl Likes This 
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1349 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Any Mossberg will hold one more shell than the listed capacity if the gun is loaded with 2 3/4" ammo. You are over compressing the magazine spring so you should never store a Mossberg with an extra shell in it. But the extra shell is an advantage in a 3 gun match. With my cuff I have 14 shots I can lay down PDQ.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I know some of the newer Benellis have a notch on the bottom of the bolt or carrier that prevents this, so I guess they got the word. I have done a little scouting around, and it appears some wardens already know about this and are checking. None of my guns will do it, and I am not into tactical so I was oblivious. It appears several brands of pumps and semi autos can do this. I don't know all the state laws, but I know the Federal boys can confiscate your gun - saw it happen in Maryland. Guy had only been loading two in the magazine, but he had forgotten his plug.
If you have a gun that can be ghost loaded, and you plan to waterfowl hunt, or hunt where the capacity is limited by law, I would get in touch with the manufacturer and see if they have a fix they can send you. Losing your gun and getting smacked with a hefty fine would make for a bad day.
I got a $385 fine 20 years ago for one dove over the limit. My dog was retrieving for me and a couple of other guys. I had actually walked back to the truck and unloaded and was sitting there drinking an iced tea when the warden checked me. I have never been more shocked than when he counted the birds. I counted them again, and told him what must have happened. He was very sympathetic as he wrote out the ticket. He said, "You know I could confiscate your gun, too, don't you?" Terror struck me as I glanced at my $5500 SxS 28 gauge. He must have been scared I was going to have a heart attack, because he quickly added he wasn't going to. I have been a wee bit more careful since.
Dowel rod limiting to one shell in the tube solves it. Just cut to length and drop it in the center of the spring. No need for a permanent "fix"

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-17-2014, 07:01 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1349 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Dowel rod limiting to one shell in the tube solves it. Just cut to length and drop it in the center of the spring. No need for a permanent "fix"
The game warden has to catch you with a ghost load. You plug your gun 2+1. You don't run a ghost load all the time.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #20

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My Mossberg 930 SPX autoloader can be "ghost loaded". 7+1+1. I have seen a co-worker ghost load his Remington 870 but I'm not sure which 870 model he has.

Sent from my Winchester 1300 Defender using Firearms Talk mobile app

1392964377353.jpg