How do you leave your 'Defense' Shotgun? - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > How do you leave your 'Defense' Shotgun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I also have an 870 Express. I installed a Remington 20" barrel with rifle sights, a Limbsaver butt pad, and a Choate magazine extension. I keep it fully loaded with one in the chamber and the safety on.

On a side note, I found a little rinktum that you can fasten to your door jamb on the handle side of the door that will prevent little ones from opening the door. I found it at Lowes in the door hardware section. I just looked on their website, but I couldn't find a link to it, and there isn't a name on the rinktum. It looks like a hinge, and works by pushing up on one half of it and folding it over like a hinge, which allows you to open the door. Then when you want to keep the little ones out, you fold it back over the wood part of the door and it drops down blocking the door. Works pretty slick and keeps the granddaughters away from the shotgun. I'll see if I can attach a picture to this post.

Joe

rinktum.jpg  

Last edited by josephbw; 10-20-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add picture

Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 AM   #22

one in the chamber and the tube full with the safety on.

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon,
then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today."

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

i keep mine with the tube full empty chamber. the reason for this is so if any youngens do get in reach they probly, hopefully wont know how to cycle the action. also the mere sound of the slide is enough for a smart evildoer to run for the hills. by the way i have a moss 500 that i personaly tac'd out its sweet

Old 11-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #24

Full mag, empty chamber, safety on.

jbw
NRA Member

Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
That is assuming they find the gun, the door opens all the way against the wall. If they were to kick the door open, it would hit the wall and they wouldn't notice the gun there.
Plus the shotgun isn't the only weapon in the house, the only rooms without a gun is the guest room and the restrooms.
should have a hand gun in the bathroom also. i have one in a water proof bag attached to the inside of the cabinet door.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #26

Springs get more wear and tear when reloading than leaving it in for long periods of time. So no worries.

I leave my gun completely empty. But then again, I'm not the man of the house..yet.

S.S.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #27

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Winchester 97 with a 20 inch barrel right next to the bed. Fully loaded with one in the pipe, hammer on half cock. Right next to it is a full length Winchester model 12 fully loaded with one in the pipe, safety on.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I keep my mossberg 500 with a fully loaded tube, no round in chamber safety on....

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #29

My Mossberg 500a,my Rem 870,and my Saigas 12,20,410 are all loaded with one in the pipe,safety on...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ