Home Protection Shotgun - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Home Protection Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm looking for a M500 persuader version, except in Maverick88. 100 bucks cheap, but still the same design. I love my Maverick 88. 5 rds of 00bk, next to my bed.

S.S.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 AM   #102

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

How do people feel about having a double barrel shotgun for home defense, the 18 inch barrel version obviously (the cowboy gun)? With a double trigger. I've fired buckshot out of both barrels from my buddy's Remington SPR and man I loved it. Any thoughts?

Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #103

Its up to you to be effective with it. If you've used it and had extensive training enough to feel comfortable with it, by all means use it.

S.S.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 AM   #104

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The double coach gun in 12 ga. really packs a whollup! Even when fired from the hip it will take you off target.

Only drawback is after you release both barrels, you have to reload!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:14 AM   #105

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
The double coach gun in 12 ga. really packs a whollup! Even when fired from the hip it will take you off target.

BUT, there is no denying the cool factor from owning/shooting a double barrel. IMHO, there isnt anything much more intimidating, then looking at someone as they level the double barrel at ya!

As far as practicality, Ill stick to the Moss 500

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 AM   #106

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post

This is true, I've fired over 30 rounds from that shotgun and you will do your shoulder a workout as well as practice reloading it. I felt comfortable with the gun... the "make the shots count" mentality comes into play when I shoot. I love it... hee hee .

Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerez View Post
I have a 870 that I've put a pistol grip butt stock on, shorter tactical barrel and synthetic hand pump grip.

It's soley for home protection. It's very easy to move around with in close quarters.
why do people always say its easy to move around corners when the smart thing to do during a burglery is stay in one room with your weapon and close the door then make alot of noise ND IF THAT doesnt scare the criminal off than most likely he will go to your bedroom and when he opens the door you unload on him

Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #108

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktactical67 View Post
why do people always say its easy to move around corners when the smart thing to do during a burglery is stay in one room with your weapon and close the door then make alot of noise ND IF THAT doesnt scare the criminal off than most likely he will go to your bedroom and when he opens the door you unload on him
Hmmmmm....................never mind.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktactical67 View Post
What if my wife and I had a fight and she is sleeping in the guest bed? What if I have kids in 2 years and their rooms are down the hall? Do you honestly think I'm going to sit in my bedroom in the corner and wait for someone to open the door? NO!! I'm getting up, arming myself and taking the fight to them. You go ahead and hide in the corner and pee your panties. A man gets up and protects him and his.
Am I going to go storming thru the house like an idiot? No. but I am going to move and move quickly. A shortened shotgun makes this much easier, if that is your weapon of choice, without giving away your position.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #110

Sorry dude, dibs...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Last edited by Dillinger; 08-18-2009 at 06:26 PM.