Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Home defense questions! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/home-defense-questions-96517/)

MajorMoeDown47 09-04-2013 12:42 AM

Home defense questions!
 
I have recently moved to a bad part of town where night intruders like to break in house very common crime in this area.
i wanted to know if i keep my shotgun magazine tube loaded will it damage the spring? where enough it wont feed a round its a 5 round magazine.
what if i just load 2 is that any better thanks need to know.

762 09-04-2013 01:03 AM

oh geez, not this question again. you could have googled, browsed the 2000 other threads on this subject and found the answer to your question faster than it took you to post the question here.

however, the answer is no, it'll be fine. it's the loading and unloading of the magazine that weakens the spring.

JW357 09-04-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 762
the answer is no, it'll be fine. it's the loading and unloading of the magazine that weakens the spring.

+1

100%

Agreed.

And it takes a lot of unloading/loading to really hurt it.

FrontierTCB 09-04-2013 01:09 AM

They are correct . No worries. Keep it full.

MajorMoeDown47 09-04-2013 02:25 AM

ok thanks i did google it but didnt find what i was looking for i just worry because there is a high crime rate in my area especialy B&E late at night.

762 09-04-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorMoeDown47 (Post 1357369)
ok thanks i did google it but didnt find what i was looking for i just worry because there is a high crime rate in my area especialy B&E late at night.

no worries. it's just a hot topic i suppose.

def load up in that case brother. i keep my mossberg 500 in the room with us, 7+1 ready to go with 5 more on the buttstock. we live in a nice area, but i dont trust anyone or anyplace these days.

therewolf 09-04-2013 02:44 AM

Let's see-dog, final net hairspray(better than pepper),

bright flashlight, baseball bat.

DrFootball 09-04-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorMoeDown47
ok thanks i did google it but didnt find what i was looking for i just worry because there is a high crime rate in my area especialy B&E late at night.

Two alternatives here: 1) is get an extra set of springs, assuming your shotgun has a tube magazine,
or 2) get a Box Magazine Fed semi-autio. I have both now(mag fed Catamount Fury II) and a Tube Fed SA-20(20 Ga version of the Mossberg 920-930-series)....

DeltaF 09-04-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorMoeDown47
I have recently moved to a bad part of town where night intruders like to break in house very common crime in this area.
i wanted to know if i keep my shotgun magazine tube loaded will it damage the spring? where enough it wont feed a round its a 5 round magazine.
what if i just load 2 is that any better thanks need to know.

It's fine. We keep em loaded like that for years bouncing around in units and never have problems.

(Well at least not damaged springs. Our problems usually stem from idiots dropping things down the barrel. How do you "accidentally" drop a fricking chicken wing down the barrel of a shotgun?! But that's a whole different thread.)

JW357 09-04-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaF
How do you "accidentally" drop a fricking chicken wing down the barrel of a shotgun?! But that's a whole different thread.)

That's a thread you should prolly start. I'd like to hear this.

(Congrats on your big 300th post btw. Movin on up in the world)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.