Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Home defense (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/home-defense-86907/)

ledhead97 03-19-2013 05:32 AM

Home defense

I am a 16 year old boy that lives with his mom I need a good reliable home defense shotgun that we can keep in the house or any other suggestions on any home defense wepon

Jagermeister 03-19-2013 06:41 AM

Have your mother go to a reputable gun store and ask this question. Key word is mother.

JBall 03-19-2013 10:41 AM

Remington 870 cheap and reliable but jaeger is right. This should all be done by your mother with maybe your assistance. We don't need anymore accidents they can spin against the cause. Your only 2 years out. Do it right.

MisterMcCool 03-19-2013 10:59 AM

Get a dog and know your neighbors.

303tom 03-19-2013 03:50 PM

How come you are not in school ? And if you are get off this site & do some school work, oh & as Jagermeister said, Have your mother go to a reputable gun store and ask that question..............

wechols 03-19-2013 04:58 PM

Cut him a break guys. It's. A legitimate question. As the de factor man of the house, he is trying to be protective of his mother.

Son you and your mom should first get safety training and then go to a gun store together. If she doesn't want a gun in the house, abide by her wishes. A German shepherd is almost as good as a gun plus does the vigilance on its own. Besides your reactions will never be as fast!

ledhead97 03-19-2013 05:31 PM

Look guys I know what I'm doing and my mom knows what she is doing it would stay with her and I know not to play around with guns now I was just trying to ask a simple question

gearhead396 03-19-2013 06:35 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with a 16 year old having weapons I know I've had and I've seen many other posts from other guys that have posted have had guns since they were kids. I've had guns in my personal possession since I was 12 a 12 gauge shotgun and a 22 then when I turned 18 my father gave me a glock 30 obviously that one stayed at my parents till I turned 21 but it was in my room. Now you are going to have to get mom to get the shot gun obviously but if you are safe and know how to use a gun if you don't know how take a safety class with mom they can be fun. If you do all this I don't see any reason why you couldn't have one in your room also I mean **** your old enough to drive. Also know though you can not take it out of the house till you are 18 Always be safe and responsible glad you are going about this the right way I know when I was 15-16 i was always gettin asked if I wanted to buy a gun. Also welcome to the forum

wechols 03-19-2013 08:05 PM

I owned a 30-30 when I was 14 and didn't even shoot my eye out!

molonlabexx 03-19-2013 08:11 PM

There is nothing wrong with you owning a gun if you are responsible and safe. I know my buddy is divorced and his 15 year old kid keeps a loaded 12 gauge at his moms. Never had any problems, because he was taught strictly. You are the man of the house, get a gun and defend your house.