Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Holy crap. Slug from he11. I thought the Polyshok was mean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Holy crap. Slug from he11. I thought the Polyshok was mean

I have never seen this round until today but by the info on this site I think I'll be buying some.

Ddupleks products

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That thing looks pretty mean. It makes a nasty pig round.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 AM   #3

Thats what I was thinking. Check out the videos. The first one is a pig hunt and x rays, the second one is bear hunt and the last one is a pig and moose hunt where they claim to have used that round. They also recover the round on a couple. I really like the fact there was no bleeding and no overpenetration indicating it transfers 100% energy for an instant kill.

I've been checking it out since I posted this and it looks like a great round.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Good gravy!!!!! Home defense?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Good gravy!!!!! Home defense?
For dinosaurs maybe.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #6

I think the petals of the original Rem copper solids operated the same way in that the petals separated from the round. I think the newer versions copper solids are meant to stay intact.
Lot's of wasted meat with all that extra shot damaged flesh.. Not that they won't stop a small car.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoAmmoPlease View Post
Lot's of wasted meat with all that extra shot damaged flesh.. Not that they won't stop a small car.
That was my first thought. Fragments from the tenderloin to the hams.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #8

I was more or less thinking of this as a round to be used in an instance when you want all the meat destroyed...if you know what I mean. Usually, slugs are associated with overpenetration of a soft target and what I have seen so far is this is not an issue with this round.

Now slugs are also known for overpenetrating whatever else it could contact like residential construction, which was one of the reasons for the "Polyshock" round. But there was a tradeoff, that round does not penetrate well enough to be considered effective against winter clothing targets.

I am in the process of looking into this round to confirm whether or not it is safe in a home environment and will not travel through my entire house. I live on about 10 acres and am not really concerned about the neighbors because my closest neighbor is over 600 feet away and I would have to take an oblique shot through my house to even aim at one of my neighbors. I am however very concerned with sheetrock walls, which is why I am in the market for a new defense round in the first place.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #9

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoAmmoPlease View Post
Lot's of wasted meat with all that extra shot damaged flesh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
That was my first thought. Fragments from the tenderloin to the hams.
What, you guys never heard of a pulled pork sandwich?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #10

Liked 696 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 716

You should check out Dixie slugs! Jim Gates is 1st rate..
DixieSlugs Home

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.