Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   High Standard? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/high-standard-18361/)

Hot Sauce NARC 09-21-2009 10:41 PM

High Standard?

A guy i work with brought one into work today, He got it on a trade from his brother last week and he is already looking to sell it. Its a 12ga "riot" model, and it was supposed to be a retired cook county IL deputies service shotgun. Its pretty beat up and has alot of pitting, but it can be refinished. I told him id give him $100 for it and he said sure. So what is your opinion of the the high standard? is it worth 100 bucks for a truck gun? It also looks to have a 17.5 inch barrell is that stock or should i be worried that this is a sawn off?

Hot Sauce NARC 09-22-2009 01:08 AM

ok i got to thinking about it and i forgot how the barrel was measured. I measured to where it went into the receiver, not from the breech face, so im pretty sure its at least 18 inches. Dont want anybody to freak out and think im up to some devious shat.

Virginian 09-22-2009 04:02 AM

In their rather long history, High Standard made a lot of different guns. They made one of the all time worst semi auto shotguns, but they more than made up for that with a slew of truly outstanding .22 semi auto handuns, including some genuine Olympic class pistols, and they made one of the all time best pump shotguns. The High Standard pumps, while lacking the "name" of shotgun giants like Browning, Remington, or Winchester, were truly outstanding and smooth guns, and are one of the last 'sleepers' on the used gun market. Take care of it and enjoy it in good health. Ex police type guns are typically rough outside and smooth inside, because they were carried and banged around a lot, but shot little.

CCW357 09-22-2009 04:26 AM

I have a High Stndard 22 cal pistol. SupertmaticTournement Model. Ita a great shooter.

CCW357 09-22-2009 04:29 AM

I have a High Stndard 22 cal pistol. SupermaticTournement Model. Ita a great shooter.

CCW357 09-22-2009 04:31 AM

sorry about the double post... I was trying to edit my first post

M14sRock 09-22-2009 04:50 AM

I love HS pumps.

They were all forged steel, very smooth and fast. The Mossy 500 series were developed on the HS design.

I think the Win Mod12, Rem870 and HS Flite King are the 3 best pumps ever made.

I have a couple of JC Higgins Mod 20's which were HS Flite Kings, and while they are only 2 3/4" guns, the overall length from the trigger to the end of the mag tube is shorter than on an 870. But the Mod 20 holds one round more than the 870. And it cycles SO fast!

Buy yours, and know you got way more than $100 worth of quality.

Hot Sauce NARC 09-22-2009 04:54 AM

Score! sounds good so far thanks guys. He traded a kel tech .380 for the HS and a mossberg plinkster, and now he wants to sell it. But this is also the same guy who bought a brand new S&W air weight .38 and then traded it to his brother 4 days later for a guitar and 225 cash lol its always interesting to see what him and his brothers exchange.

BigByrd47119 09-22-2009 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Sauce NARC (Post 163516)
Score! sounds good so far thanks guys. He traded a kel tech .380 for the HS and a mossberg plinkster, and now he wants to sell it. But this is also the same guy who bought a brand new S&W air weight .38 and then traded it to his brother 4 days later for a guitar and 225 cash lol its always interesting to see what him and his brothers exchange.

Seriously, if hes making deals like that I'd do my best to stay close to him in the event he wants to give away another quality firearm!:D

markerdown 09-23-2009 12:35 AM

I have a High Standard Flyte King trap gun. I got it as a kid in the '60s and it's still shoots fine :D......................markerdown