High end vs low end shotguns? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > High end vs low end shotguns?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i have seen if come from both sides myself.

those who can afford higher end firearms, looking down their noses at those who can't, thinking that because they can afford a much higher end firearm they were better than those who couldn't.

then those who can't afford a higher end firearm, try to ridicule those who can. more than likely because of envy, and they wished they could afford much better.

IMO, both these groups of people are snobs. personally i have no use for either. buy and shoot what you can afford and don't envy or act like you're better, because of what you can afford. respect anothers choice, and respect other shooters.
Plus, I can shoot as many waxers, cut slugs, or other conjured up loads in my maverick or NEA single shot as i want. You would have to pay me a lot to put a waxer thru a Parker Hale, if I owned one.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Frankonia definitely has some neat toys. I have picked up some really nice Perazzis through the years for a fraction of new. the tricks to find something off the shelf that is reasonably close to your stock dimensions. I am starting to see some stock automatics with plates to change stock length and cast off/on included in the box..notably Benelli and i think Beretta. it is worth your time to read the manual and adjust your gun as close to perfect as possible. My Benelli Cordoba is in the shop getting some mods which will include fitting with the supplied spacers. i will report back to evaluate the results. Good thread. Nice to see the name calling and class envy missing that I have seen in similar discussions. If someone loves nice guns and spends too much money on them more power to them. At least I get to shoot them on occasion.

__________________
winchester23 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gvw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 109
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

In trap I don't think you can get much better than a Browning BT-99. Not high end but they work very well in trap. I also have a Ruger Red Label OU again not high end but works very good for doubles.

I have a Mossberg 535 pump. It will do the job but not as good as my other guns.

__________________

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

gvw3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fleetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 110
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Years ago when teaching my son to shoot skeet, we belonged to a club that was, uh, rather snooty at times. Once, a couple of club members asked if they could join us and of course we said yes. One of them, a doctor he said, was using a very expensive Beretta and sort of made fun of my son's 870 that he had paid for himself. Comments prior to beginning the round were like "that gun will help you practice pumping your bike tires up", "what kind of wood is that....genuine hardwood?", "maybe you should just shoot singles", etc, etc. He quit his useless chatter at Station 4 when he had already missed five times and Mike was still shooting clean. He was COMPLETELY silent by Station 8. My son thanked all of the shooters at the end (he was only outshot by two of them and only by 2 targets). It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut and my comments to myself.....my son proved it ain't the price of the shotgun but the way you use it that day. I'm glad he shut the big mouth up!

__________________

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Fleetman is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 774
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman
Years ago when teaching my son to shoot skeet, we belonged to a club that was, uh, rather snooty at times. Once, a couple of club members asked if they could join us and of course we said yes. One of them, a doctor he said, was using a very expensive Beretta and sort of made fun of my son's 870 that he had paid for himself. Comments prior to beginning the round were like "that gun will help you practice pumping your bike tires up", "what kind of wood is that....genuine hardwood?", "maybe you should just shoot singles", etc, etc. He quit his useless chatter at Station 4 when he had already missed five times and Mike was still shooting clean. He was COMPLETELY silent by Station 8. My son thanked all of the shooters at the end (he was only outshot by two of them and only by 2 targets). It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut and my comments to myself.....my son proved it ain't the price of the shotgun but the way you use it that day. I'm glad he shut the big mouth up!
Dang man, that's a nice story. I don't care much for "range ninjas" or the sort. Snutyness is such a turn off to a lot of new shooters.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gvw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North West Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 109
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

I have seen good scores with 870's and Mossberg 500's. Anyone that looks down on some one that uses these isn't worth knowing anyway.

__________________

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

gvw3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,000
Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

I would love to have a citori as that's a dream gun for me. However I know that financially it's now where in the close future, or will be allowed to spend that amount of money on one.

So I grin and do my best with my 1100. I get outshot by my friend who has a very nice matched set of benellis of some sort. 12 and 20 gauge over under, pretty wood and lots of engraving in a silver back ground. It's amazing what he can do with that 12.

__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,329
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I would love to have a citori as that's a dream gun for me. However I know that financially it's now where in the close future, or will be allowed to spend that amount of money on one.

So I grin and do my best with my 1100. I get outshot by my friend who has a very nice matched set of benellis of some sort. 12 and 20 gauge over under, pretty wood and lots of engraving in a silver back ground. It's amazing what he can do with that 12.
Just a heads up...I'm selling my Browning 425, Leather case, 2 different triggers, and 2 factory chokes for $1,300...
__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #69
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Just a heads up...I'm selling my Browning 425, Leather case, 2 different triggers, and 2 factory chokes for $1,300...
gee thanks! now i wish i had $1300! seriously, that's a decent price and if i had the money, well you know the rest.........

should sell at that price.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TimL2952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lockport,New York
Posts: 1,329
Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

gee thanks! now i wish i had $1300! seriously, that's a decent price and if i had the money, well you know the rest.........

should sell at that price.
It SHOULD sell....but it's a bit of a limited market. Haven't had much interest in it.
__________________
TimL2952 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New to Shotguns Dmncbsh10 General Shotgun Discussion 1 10-13-2011 09:50 PM
O/U Shotguns JordanB Hunting Forum 5 06-29-2011 01:12 AM
New shotguns Atwood General Shotgun Discussion 5 02-10-2010 03:48 AM
shotguns mrogers2 General Shotgun Discussion 3 09-22-2007 07:19 PM