hey.....newb here....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > hey.....newb here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default hey.....newb here....

Im new to world of firearms and obviously this forum. ....quick bio: 29yr old husband and father of 3 kids under 10 in chino, ca...im a proud American from central american decent (1st gen born & raised)...growing up I was never introduced to or even saw a gun till I was about 19 .....I took interest in firearms because of the threat posed to my constitutional liberties, which until now, I never exercised....

Now that I got that outta the way....I picked up my first firearm last week, a Mossberg 500 7+1 w/20" barrel.....I couldn't decide between the moss or the remi, so I was taking the first deal I came across.....after about a month glued to youtube I decided I cant go wrong with a used shotgun. ...I got my 500 for $250+tax&dros at a local pawn shop....

Thanks to my wonderful state of California, I was tortured with a 10 day waiting period...I just couldn't shutup about it and I stocked up on ammo and maintenance supplies. ...

Finally got it and i still couldn't stfu.....It was pretty dirty and thanx to youtube, I was able to disassemble and clean it thoroughly before the weekend. ....got it out to the range and it fired like new...this was the first time I ever shot a shotgun.....I put about 100 rounds of birddshot and #00 buck thru it....my cousin brought his, which was exactly the same moss but his had the Blackhawk pg with adj. stock....I felt the nice recoil suppression from the blackhawk stock but still prefer the look of the factory stock

My cousin gave me an ati heatshield, then I ordered the ati side saddle, utg weaver/picatinny rail, buttstock 8 shell holder, and im looking for the right recoil pad....amazon seems to have the best prices

Im a fan of tactical shotties, but this moss looks mean as is, so I don't plan on over doing it...im contemplating on a red dot reflex or ghost ring sights and a flashlight.....

Im kinda gun crazy now, im stopping by a pawn shop tomorrow to buy a marlin 60 for $70 for the fam....I finally got the wife on board, so I see a 1911 in my near future and possibly an AR build before its too late...the plan is to have a firearm for every scenario and for everyone in my house to be trained.....

Sorry for the novel...lol.... long intro-posts are a bad habit

forumrunner_20130221_215818.jpg   forumrunner_20130221_215836.jpg   forumrunner_20130221_215853.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #2

Liked 272 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Congrats on the new purchase, that's a great deal for that model 60 too.

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Welcome to the insanity!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly