Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Help with Uncle Mike's Remington Swivels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help with Uncle Mike's Remington Swivels

I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section, or anything of that nature.

I currently own a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I wanted to get a swivel from Uncle Mike's website so I can carry it around easier. I'm trying to find the right one for my gun.
I found this one: Uncle Mike's - Remington Model 870 Express
And this one: Uncle Mike's - Remington 870 & 870 Youth

I'm afraid I don't know the difference between the two and I don't want to order the wrong one. Thank's in advanced for your help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It depends on whether you have and old Wingmaster or a new one. The first one you have listed has the ratchet system to secure the magazine end cap. If you have an older Wingmaster and will remove the magazine cap you'll see a small ball that ratchets into a set of small notchces. If you have a newer gun, they changed the cap retention system and it won't have the ball and notches, so you'd have to order the second one you have listed.

Truthfully, either will work, but if you want to be picky and match exactly what is on your gun now, that's the differences. The detent system just makes sure the cap won't ever come loose.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #3

Great! Thank you very much!

Here's a picture of mine, looks like I got the old one...

I suppose I'll go with the first one then. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by PaulDano; 12-24-2010 at 01:31 AM.