HELP... Early Christmas Shopping
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > HELP... Early Christmas Shopping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default HELP... Early Christmas Shopping

I've had my son cutting his teeth on a Remington 597 and an H&R single shot 20 ga.

Well my dad made it up last weekend and we had to go shooting so I took the kids along with us and threw some clay for them for the first time. My oldest son didn't do too well and was bummed about it and begged me to take him out after work this week. Well I did..... and I was shocked.

I brought the thrower and started slinging them and working with him on what to do and where to aim. It wasn't as far ahead as it world be at the gun club but my 10 year old hit a run of 48 in a row with a little H&R field gun, missed 2, and then hit 23 more before giving up from shoulder pain. There were a hand full of chips but the vast majority were solid busts.

So I've found something that he enjoys and is clearly very good at (better than me... little bastard) and now am looking for something that Santa could drop off and am looking for a Harrington & Richardson Topper Deluxe 20ga.

I've spent an hour and a half digging over the inter-web and everything that I've found is out of stock.

If anyone hits a gun shop, PLEASE take a quick look to check for one and shoot me some contact info if you find one. If anyone has one that they don't want please shoot me a PM.

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Are you sold on a 20ga? I've got a 410 in good shape I might be able to part with. I'm 90% sure I can round up a single shot 20ga before the weekend is out. New? Used? Does it have to be an H&R?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'd prefer a 20ga. I don't mind used if it's in good shape and it doesn't have to be a H&R if it is lower cost and chageable chokes.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'd prefer a 20ga. I don't mind used if it's in good shape and it doesn't have to be a H&R if it is lower cost and chageable chokes.
THe changeable chokes might throw you a curve. How about a modified choke? You can find boatloads with that.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
THe changeable chokes might throw you a curve. How about a modified choke? You can find boatloads with that.
Nope. Gotta be changeable. I want something that will let him stand at the different lines on the trap field and be able to change out the tubes to hit the target and learn what tubes are needed at different distances.

I have a ton of guns but 90% are too big or I'd give him one of those. I'd like something inexpensive like the H&R that I could cut the stock down to fit him and replace it for a little of nothing as he gets older and needs the extra trigger distance.

I do thank you for the time though. If you could hook me up then that would be oober cool.

~George Washington

Old 10-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Hope this helps

Call R and R Arms at 218-759-1866 they have five in stock.

H&R TOPPER DELUX CLASS 20 GA 28" VENTED RIB MODIFIED TUBE
Only $203.49
Available

http://www.rrarms.com/

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Last edited by Walley; 10-09-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Jester, if you picked up the gun at the right price would you be against getting the barrel threaded for choke tubes?

Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Jester, if you picked up the gun at the right price would you be against getting the barrel threaded for choke tubes?
I'd rather not have to really. I'll give R and R a call though. Thanks all.

~George Washington