HD shotgun pics particularly 870
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > HD shotgun pics particularly 870

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default HD shotgun pics particularly 870

I was wanting to see some 870 HD shotguns so I can figure out what accesories I would do to mine I'm thinking the magpul stock and forend.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Firearms Talk mobile app

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #2

Liked 326 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I run a 23" VR Remchoke 870 Express Supermag turkey model.
The magtube dents for holding the spring retainer drilled out (so I can add an extension).
I run it without one though (for now)......when the riots come I'll slap one on.

Reg black synth stock, older style, vent rib bbl.

As is it doubles as a backup bird gun. Nothing extra or fancy, works flawlessly.

Last edited by Hookeye; 02-06-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1427 Posts
Likes Given: 12838

870 Express Magnum, 12 ga, 20 inch smooth bore slug barrel, Hi-Vis sights, youth model stock, slip on shell holder, 3 round ATI extended tube with the spring holder stops drilled out, and youth model synthetic furniture. Internals smoothed out with a stone, and a couple hundred rounds of use. Nothing fancy. I built it to work right every time, and to fit all of the members of my family when needed.
100_1388_resized.jpg  

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #4

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

All you need right here:
image.jpg  

Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #5

Liked 2451 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 559

A side saddle and a sling. A light might be useful.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #6

How hard is it to install the magazine tube extension and what brand is reliably

Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1427 Posts
Likes Given: 12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschnelting21 View Post
How hard is it to install the magazine tube extension and what brand is reliably

It's a fairly simple process.

Step one is , as always, to make sure the shotgun is unloaded. Start by removing the magazine cap, and pull the fore end slide back to about half cycle. Remove your barrel. Look down the front of the magazine tube, and you should see a little plastic stopper with 2 notches in the side and 2 little nubs on the inside of the mag tube. Line up the notches and the nubs, and slowly release the tension on the spring. Remove the end cap and the spring, then turn the shotgun so the open end of the mag a zine tube is facing the floor and tap the side of the tube with your hand. This will bring the follower to the top so it can be removed from the tube.

Field strip the shotgun for the next step. You don't want metal shaving in the action. You will need to drill out the nubs on the inside of the magazine tube. I used a dremel with a carbide bit, and a can of WD-40 to grind mine out. Go slow, and be careful. You can always take more metal oof, but putting it back is not easy. Take your time, and use the WD-40 to keep the area cool and cut down on shavings flying out of the tube. The way to test how close to done you are is to drop a shell through the tube with none of the internals installed. If it falls out the end when inserted at the receiver, you are good to go. If not, keep cutting.

Installation is a simple process. In the extension kit you will have a tube and a spring. Set them aside, and clean the inside of the magazine and receiver out before installing anything further. reassemble the receiver and the action, but not the barrel. After the tube is cleaned up, insert the follower, followed by the barrel, new spring, and the mag tube extension.

As to the other question, I can only talk about the ATI one, as that is all I have ever installed or used. I installed mine about 6 years ago, and I do not baby my guns. It has survived several deer and coyote hunts and a couple of bumps on the night. It works well enough for me to rely on it.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.