Hawk 12 ga. Pump defense shotgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Hawk 12 ga. Pump defense shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 126 Times on 78 Posts

You guys are really funny! The Chinese aren't making guns out of tin cans. They have access to quality steel, and their manufacturing capability is mind-boggling. I have a Hawk and an older 870. The quality is very similar. Please note that I'm not exactly inexperienced in these matters. I was a gunsmith for many years, am a hand engraver, jeweler, knifemaker, cutlery restorer, engineer.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #22

Who mentioned tin cans?
The chinese product(s) has been plaqued with problems.
As far as problematic Chinese shotguns take a look at the Tristar firearms.
Like it was mentioned, the member kept rehashing advertisement points.
No real facts just opinions.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #23

Quote:
UnderFire:

Oblviously more than you can comprehend.
Again, your lack of knowledge is clearly on display.
MAX100, you're very annoying. This isn't the only time I've had to correct your misinformation.
Not on your very best Day! I am a dealer, Armorer and make custom tube extensions for many shotguns. I have seen, handled and worked on more 870 shotguns than you will see in lifetime unless you happen to tour the Remington manufacturing facility.

The prices you gave on the 870P are for older model shotguns that are plain Jane with a cheaper blue finish. There is only two 870P shotguns offered by Remington that come with GRS. The Wilson 870P Model# 4449 price around $725 has about the same features as what the Hawk 982 offers.

You write a lot but provide no Technical info on the 870 or Hawk made shotgun. This thread is about Hawk Ind made shotguns Not all Chinese firearms are the same quality. That's the case with all firearms manufactures. Hawk Ind has been manufacturing firearms for 55 years and they make quality shotguns.

Lets hear what you know about the 870 & the Hawk 982 shotguns. I have provided a lot of info.

GC

Last edited by MAX100; 02-28-2010 at 03:48 AM.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #24

MAX100,

If that is so then I would think you would be more knowledgeable about the topics you post on. Like I said I have corrected you in the past.
Yeah, I don't know you from Adam, but that's the same on your part.
I've made my valid points and you continued to post the same advertising tactics.
And no the prices I gave weren't old prices. They may have been sale/gun show prices, but they were current. I made my point about the 870P MAX...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
The 870P MAX is the newest, higher end of the 870 line. So of course it won't compare in price, you missed my point.
But again you missed it.
I've made plenty of valid points about the 870 & Mossberg vs. Hawk, just because you can't understand them or don't want to except them doesn't
make them invalid. I've gone as far as asked you questions in my threads that you have ignored. So if someone owns a store and is a licensed dealer, makes custom parts, that makes them an expert...right? I'm just wondering because basically that's what you're saying. I've talked to some gun store owners, sale agents, etc. that didn't have a clue. As a matter of fact I've corrected them in their store so that the customer didn't get the wrong info. Since you're a dealer I'm sure you're in the dealer section so I'll look you up and click on the links you provide of your store and the other products you promote. But you still don't have a clue of who I am.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #25

MAX100,
Just checked the Vendor section, didn't see you there.
I find that strange. You don't promote your business?
I looked up your threads and see that you continuously promote the Norinco 982 & Pardner Hawk. You sort of down play the other shutguns like Benellis, Remington,etc then plug Norinco & Pardner. Are you also their marketing agent?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #26

Quote:
I looked up your threads and see that you continuously promote the Norinco 982 & Pardner Hawk. You sort of down play the other shutguns like Benellis, Remington,etc then plug Norinco & Pardner. Are you also their marketing agent?
I have written reviews on many different shotguns and rifles: Savage 10 FCP AccuStock 10 PC, Remington 870 Express Tactical, 700 Tactical, HiPoint 995TS, CZ 758 S1M1 sniper rifle, Hawk 982 & Pardner Pump, H&R Excell A5, Choate A5 Tactical stock...ect. There are more.

Many of the 870P shotguns you are finding for sale at lower prices are coming from big wholesale suppliers that bought them in very large lots at reduced prices a few years ago. They are the ones they had leftover or that had sent out for repair. They sell them to smaller wholesale suppliers and dealers at a reduced price. This is how CDNN gets a lot of their firearms. I believe Hoplite Inc got the 870P shotguns they are selling at reduce prices this way.

Like I said you write a lot but you provide very little info. You didn't answer my question. What is your experience with the 870 and Hawk Ind made shotguns?

GC

Last edited by MAX100; 02-28-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #27

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #28

Default woa

yea i hadnt checked this thred for like a week and everybody is at eachothers throats already XD thatnks for all of your input because its always good to hear diferent schools of thought on everything =)

...you now its kinda weird but its refreshing to see people argue i guess i just have always loved the thrill of the hunt...for the truth that is =)

Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #29

Post your question @ Calguns.net shotgun section. There are many owners there with experience with Hawk Ind shotguns and they are very well liked.

Shotgun discussions - Calguns.net

GC

Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX100 View Post
Not on your very best Day! I am a dealer, Armorer and make custom tube extensions for many shotguns. I have seen, handled and worked on more 870 shotguns than you will see in lifetime unless you happen to tour the Remington manufacturing facility.

The prices you gave on the 870P are for older model shotguns that are plain Jane with a cheaper blue finish. There is only two 870P shotguns offered by Remington that come with GRS. The Wilson 870P Model# 4449 price around $725 has about the same features as what the Hawk 982 offers.

You write a lot but provide no Technical info on the 870 or Hawk made shotgun. This thread is about Hawk Ind made shotguns Not all Chinese firearms are the same quality. That's the case with all firearms manufactures. Hawk Ind has been manufacturing firearms for 55 years and they make quality shotguns.

Lets hear what you know about the 870 & the Hawk 982 shotguns. I have provided a lot of info.

GC
Do you still make extension tubes for the Hawk 982? I'd like to add some things to my 982.

Tags
12 ga., pump, shotgun