Have a Question about the Maverick 88
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Have a Question about the Maverick 88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Have a Question about the Maverick 88

so i have been looking for a HD shotgun here lately and of course i started where everyone else did. mossy 500 and remington 870. then i stumbled across the maverick 88 at buds and started researching. saw that most if not all of the mossy 500 parts will fit on the maverick is that true? also it has the safty mounted on the top like the mossy again true or not? thats the one thing i like more about the mossy then 870 tho i like the way 870 looks better even tho theres not much difference.

in my mind i would like to get the best bang for my buck since i know that i want to do some stuff with it soon as i get it and the cheaper the gun the more ammo and what not i can get for it.

also heard that there stocks werent so great. if thats the case thats fine i was planing on a speed feed stock for it anyway as long as that is also compatiable with the mossy stock.

just so we all know what im thinkin of here its primary job will be hd, but also see alot of just for fun shooting and maybe even some hunting one day...

Im really leaning toward the maverick but if i get it i want to do a camo dip(wanted to try one out anyway this would be a great excuse). and the speed feed stock. my second choice would be a 870 talo, and third a mossy. thanks for the help guys.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The safety on the Maverick 88 is down by the trigger guard unless I'm wrong.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #3

Liked 355 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Right you are bear. Push button safety on the front of the trigger guard.

To the OP. The sole reason I chose a stock Maverick 88 for home use is because I know if I ever have to use it, I know it's going to be taken away from me - with a good chance of never seeing it again. Therefore I want to keep the loss at a minimum.

If you want an all-purpose / multi-use shotgun, there are better choices out there IMHO. Just saying....

Old 10-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Right you are bear. Push button safety on the front of the trigger guard.

To the OP. The sole reason I chose a stock Maverick 88 for home use is because I know if I ever have to use it, I know it's going to be taken away from me - with a good chance of never seeing it again. Therefore I want to keep the loss at a minimum.

If you want an all-purpose / multi-use shotgun, there are better choices out there IMHO. Just saying....
that answers a few of my questions then. Now open for suggestions!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Classicarms.us has a very tacticool looking Mossy for a decent price, no full-length barrel though.

"BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND.....MOSSBERG PERSUADER 12 GAUGE.
MOSSBERG PISTOL GRIP TACTICAL SHOTGUN, 8 SHOT, VENTED HEAT SHIELD. BRAND NEW IN THE FACTORY BOX WITH WARRENTY AND MOSSBERG CABLE LOCK....ITEM # MOSS-PERSUADER..........$289.95" from Classic Arms Inc.

My Nephew enjoyed buying his WASR from them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have a maverick ,a good gun for 220$ ,but like Highpower states there are better ,for intesive use I would choose another one ,

Old 10-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #7

I have one with the 20 inch barrel, and 8 round tube magazine.
I like it a lot never a single problem.