H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12 guage

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12 guage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12 guage

Just bought one and noticed that the barrel is stamped 3". The couple people that I have talked to that own this gun said that they were shooting Hornady SSTs with great effect. I have some Hornadys but they are 2 3/4" and I couldn't find 3" on the shelf at Dick's. Will the gun fire the 2 3/4" or is it only 3" shells?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi. I've had an ultra-slug for over 12 years. I've had no problems with 2 3/4 slugs. To me, they are just as accurate, but kick slightly less.

I've tried several types, and have found that Brenneke slugs work almost as well as the high-priced sabots. Only problem is the sg needs frequent cleaning, because they lead up the barrel.

Hope this helps