H&R pardner pump protector
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > H&R pardner pump protector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default H&R pardner pump protector

has anyone had any experience with this shotgun, are more then one type of barrel available for them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Got one, love it. Have shot everything out of it accurately, never an issue. Great price, one of the world's better kept secrets.

Don't know about extra barrels, but since this is primarily a "tactical" gun, I'm not sure you'd want to use anything but the 18.5 that's on there.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't remember if this forum allows such links but I'll try this link to the H&R Pardner Pump page... I have the 18 1/2" bbl. Protector model (the bottom one listed)... It's heavy but dependable and well-enough made for the price. They're produced in China but that doesn't bother me (though the moniker "New England Firearms" is kind of a hoot in this case).
Click below:
H&R Pardner® Pump

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #4

Bought one for my son, liked it so much I bought one for my self.1st was $150.00 second was $169.00.
Added a scope and sighted in at 75 yards ,can keep 4" pattern. using the KO Brenneke slugs.Good enough for deer hunting for me.
Kept the other as is, locked and loaded for HD.Both are good reliable shooters.Thats why Remington bought out marlin,NEF,and HR.
Picked up a mossy 500 with rifled barrel and scope for the kid,he likes it.Used but the mossy may need a replacement elevator as the feed is inconsistant and occasionally created feeding problems($200..
jsmith

Old 11-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

While I was in Walmart yesterday waiting on the pharmacy, I took a good look at one of these. It was priced at $159 with plastic furniture and looked solid and well built. For the price, I'd get one of these in a heartbeat for a home defense gun...

Old 11-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

GET ONE! They're great! never hiccups, solid as a rock! Wish I had the carbon fiber dip stock set on the one at the end of the page!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've got one...I'm not a gun "expert" (that's why I'm here; to learn) but I love it. It's my home defense gun and I feel safe and secure with it around.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...

Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Got one, love it. Have shot everything out of it accurately, never an issue. Great price, one of the world's better kept secrets.

Don't know about extra barrels, but since this is primarily a "tactical" gun, I'm not sure you'd want to use anything but the 18.5 that's on there.
+1 here, bought mine a while back without realising there was all this back forth on it, I just picked up a reasonably priced home defence shotgun and it's never let me down, taken everything from 00 to slug all without a single issue, love it.

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Old 11-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
+1 here, bought mine a while back without realising there was all this back forth on it, I just picked up a reasonably priced home defence shotgun and it's never let me down, taken everything from 00 to slug all without a single issue, love it.
See, as a gun "newbie" this is something that I was unsure of...Is the Pardner Protector capable of firing slugs? I've just been firing shot rounds when I go out.
I thought that you had to have a "rifled" barrel or something? Mine has a "smooth" barrel...
Can you (or someone else) please explain this to me, and if it is OK to fire slugs from it, what type/size/etc..?

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...

Old 11-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by igordog View Post
See, as a gun "newbie" this is something that I was unsure of...Is the Pardner Protector capable of firing slugs? I've just been firing shot rounds when I go out. I thought that you had to have a "rifled" barrel or something? Mine has a "smooth" barrel... Can you (or someone else) please explain this to me, and if it is OK to fire slugs from it, what type/size/etc..?
Yeah, it's totally OK... Most of the slugs you buy nowadays HAVE "RIFLING" ON THEM so they get a spin for better accuracy THAT way. Let's see... right now I have Federal Power-Shoks... Says right on the box... "For use in smooth bore shotguns." I can see the big fat ol' slug sitting right there in front. (Jeeesh, I'd hate to be shot with that thing....)
Click these if you want more reading:

Slug barrel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shotgun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68346

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 11-12-2010 at 06:09 PM.