Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Great quality pump w/high capacity (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/great-quality-pump-w-high-capacity-78375/)

JCANNON 12-13-2012 05:04 PM

First time poster here...hoping you guys can share some knowledge. I've been reading through the forums and have found that the benelli, Ithaca , and Remington's are great shotguns. the one that stands out to me is the benelli but its only a 4+1. Is this standard for pumps? I'm just look for great quality and get stand a little beating up. Thanks guys

silverado113 12-13-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCANNON (Post 1050205)
First time poster here...hoping you guys can share some knowledge. I've been reading through the forums and have found that the benelli, Ithaca , and Remington's are great shotguns. the one that stands out to me is the benelli but its only a 4+1. Is this standard for pumps? I'm just look for great quality and get stand a little beating up. Thanks guys

4 or 5 +1 is usually the norm, there are tube extensions or some Mossberg models that are 8+1. You could also go with a 15+1 if you're looking to spend a $1k

eight225588 12-13-2012 09:11 PM

i have a maverick 88 and a H&R pardner pump and love them both no jamming or other major problems they are both 5+1

HockaLouis 12-13-2012 11:37 PM

Mossberg proper has many options. And are you sure someone told you Remingtons are great? Recently!?

John_Deer 12-13-2012 11:50 PM

Mossberg, and Maverick both make great 8 shot pumps. If you have a 5 shot Mossberg or Maverick you can install a new choke tube and spring. Brownells sells a kit that includes a new barrel, and the proper magazine tube and spring for around $150. If you are on a budget their is nothing wrong with a Stevens 8 shot pump.

JCANNON 12-14-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Mossberg proper has many options. And are you sure someone told you Remingtons are great? Recently!?

True I have heard of some recent build quality issues

JCANNON 12-14-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Deer
Mossberg, and Maverick both make great 8 shot pumps. If you have a 5 shot Mossberg or Maverick you can install a new choke tube and spring. Brownells sells a kit that includes a new barrel, and the proper magazine tube and spring for around $150. If you are on a budget their is nothing wrong with a Stevens 8 shot pump.

are mossberg and maverick guns that can last me as a "pass it off to my children's children" kind of gun? any thoughts on the benellis as well?

akers06 12-14-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCANNON (Post 1050205)

The Benelli novas are great guns imo.the best new pump gun there is I'm pretty sure the 4+1 is for 3 1/2" shells any shorter shells are 5+1 capacity

tonydewar 12-14-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCANNON (Post 1050699)
are mossberg and maverick guns that can last me as a "pass it off to my children's children" kind of gun? any thoughts on the benellis as well?

are you kidding? the first question yes if you shoot 100 rounds a year no if your shooting 3000. second benelli is a very good entry level pump gun andshould hold up.life is to short to shoot ugly guns!

kryptar19 12-14-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCANNON

A Mossberg will last longer than just about any other pump gun. Marines and Army have been using it for a long time. Look for the Mossberg 590A1, awesome 8+1 shotgun.