Great Article/Review on Mossberg 930 SPX
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Great Article/Review on Mossberg 930 SPX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Great Article/Review on Mossberg 930 SPX

I was browsing earlier looking for info and reviews on the 930 SPX and found an article that starts off as a great review, and then shows some great mods and accessories for the practical shotgunner, people doing 3-gun, as well as someone who wants a nice HD shotgun.

It's somewhat of a lengthy article, but well worth the read IMO. Part way through I decided I'm definitely getting a 930 SPX, and it gave me some great ideas on a couple mods I'd like to do as well. You can tell from the pictures throughout the article that this guy is getting some serious use out of this shotgun. It progressively goes from a nice shiny new shotgun, to getting all scratched and banged up towards the end. Hope you guys find it useful.

Here's the link:

Mossberg 930 SPX Review

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks for the post...I'm a little disappointed this didn't even get a thanks for taking the time. One day if I ever get another evil black shotty it will be the 930 or an 1100.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks for the post. Good stuff.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just added another gun to the list. Thank you Mr. Cross!! Great review at the link BTW!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #5

I would like to try one before I buy one. Just to see if the recoil is as bad as it looks when firing rapid bursts.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:21 AM   #6

Thanks guys. It definitely gave me a lot of insight and helped to make up my mind on my next shotgun purchase. Thought it may do the same for someone else.

I always try to post up interesting stuff like this whenever I find it.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
I would like to try one before I buy one. Just to see if the recoil is as bad as it looks when firing rapid bursts.
I've been doing a good bit of reading on them, and it seems a lot of people have gotten them from Dick's. So if you've got a Dick's near you, that could possibly at least give you an opportunity to hold one and see what you think.

Some people say that the ghost ring sights are too high, others say they're too low. Personally, when I take a squared up stance with a shotgun with a beat sight, it strains my neck to get a good sight picture, so I'm thinking the higher sights might be better for me.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
I've been doing a good bit of reading on them, and it seems a lot of people have gotten them from Dick's. So if you've got a Dick's near you, that could possibly at least give you an opportunity to hold one and see what you think.

Some people say that the ghost ring sights are too high, others say they're too low. Personally, when I take a squared up stance with a shotgun with a beat sight, it strains my neck to get a good sight picture, so I'm thinking the higher sights might be better for me.

-Fred
I'm right there with you. Hurts my neck to line up with the BB sight on my Mossy 500 persuader.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #9

For anyone wandering, I contacted my local Dick's and the 930 SPX is a regularly stocked item, and retails at $630.

I checked at a local gun store and they have them marked at $699, so as soon as I get some money saved up, I'm gonna see if the gun store will go below $630. If not I'll be making a trip to Dick's.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #10

I held one this morning while waiting on the paperwork for my 1911. Bad idea. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford one; thinking about selling one of my rifles that doesn't see much range time.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!