Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Got two shotgun questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Got two shotgun questions

Hey guys I've got one problem and one question. I fell into a great deal and bought a brand new Beretta AL391 Urika Gold trap from a guy for $750 My question is on the right side of the receiver is the bolt release, but on the left side is a lever of some kind. What is this lever for?

Second question. My mossberg 500a decided to break. What ever it is that holds the slide forward until the trigger is pulled is broken. Now the bolt doesn't lock forward. So what broken?

Thanks guys, appreciate the help as usual.
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8383 Times on 3627 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think the lever on the left is the magazine cutoff. Flipping that allows you to eject a chambered shell, and keeps what is in the mag from feeding. As in deer hunting with buckshot, and a nice grouse walks out- flip, eject buckshot, and then HAND FEED a round of #6- grouse for dinner.

Not real familiar with innards of a Mossy 500, but the bolt is held in battery by the bolt lock. either a hook on the bolt lock has snapped, or something has come unfastened.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #3

Thanks Shooter. You're right about both things. The cheapo plastic trigger group broke on the mossy and is slipping out of the way and allowing the bolt to come unlocked.

thanks again

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #4

If any other questions arise with the Baretta, go here:
Deprecated Browser Error
In the middle of the page, under "downloads" click on "owner's manual".

Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maierar View Post
If any other questions arise with the Baretta, go here:
Deprecated Browser Error
In the middle of the page, under "downloads" click on "owner's manual".
Thanks, my next question was going to be that.
Thomas Jefferson