Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > got my first shotty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default got my first shotty

hi guys got my first shotty today. its not the best and greatest but i got it for only $25 needs a lil work its a new england 20 gauge single shot break open action and when i break it open and close it back it the trigger is all the way back im gonna take it to a gunsmith to fix how much do yall think it would cost to fix? i got a factory pic here

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #2

no replies? could somebody add something please?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't know why you didn't get any replies. I didn't reply up to now, because I don't know how to fix it...

I suggest that you hit edit and then hit advanced, and add "Need Help" to your thread title. That should do the trick.

Enjoy that shotty.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #4

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

lol. Sorry man I totally missed this thread. In fact there isnt really anything I can tell you about your issue. Its a beauty of a gun though. Break actions are always nice to have. Easy to clean, much safer (in general) and also a good bit more reliable. I would have suggested getting a double barrel (I love the over under) but for $25 I can hardly blame you for jumping on it. Good luck on getting it fixed, I dont think itll cost ya too much. Probably just a bad spring or somthing of that nature.

Foot Note* Everything Iv read about them so far has suggested a aftermarket Recoil pad for this particular gun, If your gonna be putting plenty of rounds threw it, when its a 12-gauge. Even in 20ga, itll probably still kick pretty good.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 09-12-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's not going to cost very much at all to fix your NEF 20. It sounds like a trigger return spring to me-a 2$ part. It's going to cost more to put it in than the part costs. I would know a LOT more if I could see it in person.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #6

thanks guys i found out that we no longer have a gunsmith in our town the closest one is in jesup. ga about an hour away. hopefully they're open on saturdays since thats my only day off. i work the other six days a week. hopefully soon i cant wait to shoot this baby. its pretty much exactly like the picture it still looks brand new i dont think its been shot much. i mainly got it for home defense purposes figure i squeeze off one round of buckshot then drop it and use my s&w 9mm as my wife grabs the ruger10/22 since its the only one she's comfortable shooting. also i'm a sucker for a good deal.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

dsmith,

I believe my first gun was a 20gauge just like the one youre describing. I'm unfortunately not currently in possession of it, but hope that changes here in a short while.

I remember the first time I shot it (that was my first shooting experience). It was the loudest sonofa**** that I've ever heard (at the time), and I was instantly hooked!

Hope you enjoy many a day with your new friend!

Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Those single shot guns are very easy to work on,very few parts,take it apart and look at the springs.If it is bad you can order it over the internet.