goodbye to my mossberg..hello remington maybe... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > goodbye to my mossberg..hello remington maybe...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
the setup is the same as far as chokes and ammo. both using modified chokes. His is a 870 rem. I'm going to change to full choke for tomorrows duck hunt.
Seriously, there is no functional reason for the 870 to be a far cry better shooter than the 500.

Sights are the same? Bead sights on the Mossy and rifle or custom sights on the Remmy?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Seriously, there is no functional reason for the 870 to be a far cry better shooter than the 500.

Sights are the same? Bead sights on the Mossy and rifle or custom sights on the Remmy?
+1

I have one of each, and side by side, it would be hard to tell which one produced a certain pattern. If both are the same barrel length, same choke, using same ammo, same sights, same shooter, there shouldn't be that much of a difference.

Hmmm...could be that camo finish on the Remy makes it shoot better in your eyes? And everyone knows that the camo delivers more punch, too If so, then go buy a Remington, but as someone else stated, I would still keep the Mossy, too.

Slo

p.s. - Mossy's are available in camo finish, too

Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #13

Default ha funny

Funny, maybe it is the camo

Well thanks for the input. I don't really need 2 guns, I'd rather sell it and have another type of gun. But thanks all for replies I was just curious. Happy hunting.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
Funny, maybe it is the camo

Well thanks for the input. I don't really need 2 guns, I'd rather sell it and have another type of gun. But thanks all for replies I was just curious. Happy hunting.

No you don't need 2 guns, you need more!.............markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow