ghost ring sights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > ghost ring sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default ghost ring sights

does the front bead unscrew so you can put in a different front sight on a mossberg 500 barrel?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #2

Liked 710 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 227

yes it does

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #3

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Don't take me wrong, I want you to be happy with your 500. Most 500's have 2 beads on the vent rib. If you put any effort into using both beads you will see they shoot a slug accurately enough to defend your home. I can't recommend smoothbores for hunting deer. A rifled barrel is very accurate and most newer 500's are already drilled and tapped for a scope.

Another problem you run into with ghost rings on a shotgun is your eye naturally goes to the center of the ring, which will result in shooting over your target.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Don't take me wrong, I want you to be happy with your 500. Most 500's have 2 beads on the vent rib. If you put any effort into using both beads you will see they shoot a slug accurately enough to defend your home. I can't recommend smoothbores for hunting deer. A rifled barrel is very accurate and most newer 500's are already drilled and tapped for a scope.

Another problem you run into with ghost rings on a shotgun is your eye naturally goes to the center of the ring, which will result in shooting over your target.
its the persauder, it only has one bead at the end and its drilled and tapped on the reciever. i dont like trying to find a bead if its low light its my hd/shtf gun. my 870 is my deer gun with rifled barrel. arnt the ghost sights adjustable?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 565

I have a rifle front sight and a ghost ring rear on my Nova. It works just fine. It is sighted in for slugs at 50 yards. You do need a front sight of the proper height for the ghost ring. You could go to a scope or red dot since your receiver is drilled and tapped but the ghost ring works very well at shotgun ranges.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #6

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Find a different screw-in big bead if you need. Eschew GRS' -- they are terrible for shooting a shotgun as a shotgun.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I have a rifle front sight and a ghost ring rear on my Nova. It works just fine. It is sighted in for slugs at 50 yards. You do need a front sight of the proper height for the ghost ring. You could go to a scope or red dot since your receiver is drilled and tapped but the ghost ring works very well at shotgun ranges.
what rifle front sight will fit on the barrel?

Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 565

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=43809/pid=19562/Product/SHOTGUN-TACTICAL-GHOST-RING-SIGHT-SET?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=nextag&mc _id=11000&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c747_a_7c006 000109_d_006000108_d_10360

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

thank you! they look pretty nice, think ill go with those

Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Could you explain how this works? It seems to me that having your eye go to the center of the ring is the whole idea.