Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > General shotgun question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post
I have one on my 500 and have no issues with it at all, as far as being not recommended from the factory I have never heard of that. The one I got for mine fits it like it was made for it by mossberg themselves. I have the tacstar one.
What he said, no problems here.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #12

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
I put a sleeve on the butt of my shotgun. Never a problem.
Not actually using that gun then. Those sleeves slip and slide all over the place. Get in the way.

If you mean a sidesaddle for sure then you do replace a factory screw and part here and there but the real issue on the 500's aluminum rec'r is the potential to overtighten these -- you must not overtighten or you will bind the action.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #13

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattShlock View Post
Not actually using that gun then. Those sleeves slip and slide all over the place. Get in the way.

If you mean a sidesaddle for sure then you do replace a factory screw and part here and there but the real issue on the 500's aluminum rec'r is the potential to overtighten these -- you must not overtighten or you will bind the action.
Very true I forgot to mention that. On every one I have installed I just use a little loctite and just snug it real good, not too much, haven't had anyone come back to me and say theirs fell off or anything else. Or like I said earlier, use velcro, it works good too and you can detach if you want for any reason.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19484 Times on 11068 Posts
Likes Given: 49101

Quote:

most of my shotguns use these type of holders and they work great for me.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:

The butt sleeve I use doesn't budge, even if I were to force with hand.