Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Found some old double barrels.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Found some old double barrels.......

Hello,
So my dads birthday is coming up and I wanted to get him a "new" gun. I found these two old Double Barrel shotguns for 195 a piece. One is a JT Lower and the other is a Stevens. both I was told were inoperable but nobody bothered to figure out why. I dont want to buy a gun and find out I bought a nice wall hanger. If I postd good pics up next week of the guns. Could someone tell me if there are safe to shoot? they are circa 1900 and was told they were black powder.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8641 Times on 3743 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

I cannot tell you if a gun is safe to shoot from WAAAY over here- but there may be some things that would make me tell you it is UNSAFE to shoot.

For a few bucks more, with some careful shopping, you could find a decent Stevens 311- something like THIS: http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10984680/shotguns-for-sale/side-by-side/stevens-home-defence-model-311-.16-ga-with-18.25-inch-double-barrels It will need some cleanup, some Formby's Refinisher and some linseed oil for the stock- but those are DIY sort of things.

Besides the purchase price, you need to add shipping, and the fee that your dealer will charge for recieving it and transferring to you. That seller has decent feedback, and there are other guns on auctionarms and on gunbroker.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt