Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Forced To Sell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Forced To Sell

Due to an increasingly growing need to get my car on the road to find a new job, (due to the store i was working at getting leased to a bunch of indians with no clue how to run a store), I was forced to sell my shotgun. I will miss it dearly, mainly because it was my first gun and one of my prize possessions.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That sucks....all of it. Keep your head up, your luck will change. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #3

Liked 100 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Been there, done that. Remember things are just that - things, and as much as you have an attachment to one, you can get another one. You and your family are unique and irreplaceable. So as much as it bites, (have several I wish I'd never let go), it's just another step on life's journey. I hope yours turns to a brighter roadway soon!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #4

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

When my dad was 16, he spent summers picking berries and mowing lawns to save some $. Why? because he wanted to buy a remington 1100 just like his grandpa's. Come the summer he turned 18, he didn't have enough money....His grandmother, dying of cancer, gave him the $ she used to buy fabric to make dresses with so he could buy his gun...he went to the store, got the gun, and when he got home...she was dead...

My dad has been through some rough times after his divorce and being laid off every now and then....He has never sold his grandfather's guns or that 1100...he has gone asking friends for food before he considered selling them...and I am almost 90% sure that he would have sold us kids before those guns....

he told me that because I was first born, I get the 1100 when he dies, BUT IF I SELL IT...he will return from the grave and give me a daily ass whoopin....I aint sellin it. :P

I HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO SELL ONE OF YOUR GUNS AGAIN!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As long as you have positive attitude and willingness to work your way out of this...you will. It may take time and a lot of sacrifices but you will look back in the future and smile over this. (based on real life experience)

Worrying is very bad for you and doesn't help any, move and do something instead. Take care of yourself, getting sick is the last thing you need now.

May you be blessed and find work soon, I will be praying for you.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #6

Maybe this will turn out to be one of those things that workks itself out. After i get another job, i can buy something better than what i had. I was thinking possibly a New England Arms autoloader or a budget AR.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Best of luck to you, brother. Things will start to look up.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic1250 View Post
Due to an increasingly growing need to get my car on the road to find a new job, (due to the store i was working at getting leased to a bunch of indians with no clue how to run a store), I was forced to sell my shotgun. I will miss it dearly, mainly because it was my first gun and one of my prize possessions.
Hey, Arctic1250, I see you live in Texas. I'm sure Southwest Airlines, whose headquarters are in Dallas, will be able to land you a profitable job with them. Give them a call. You don't need experience. They train for two weeks. And don't give up. Ya' hear?