FN Police 12 ga
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > FN Police 12 ga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default FN Police 12 ga

Just got a FN Police 12 ga with a c-more. Weapon has an AR style hammer and M4 stock and ported barrel.. Anyone know about this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3163 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 317

What is an AR style hammer? The FN-P shotgun is a dressed up Winchester 1300. Great platform.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I finally took it apart and it looks for all the world like a Rem action right down to the bars. Cleaned up nicely, I'll take it for a spin later. Nice setup in that they blended it to feel like an m16/mr when you hold it (grip Agle and iron sights) but the stock drop and comb make it a little "off" when you shoulder it - might be something to look into otherwise, nice setup. The cmore doesn't have a protective cover like those found on eotech but that's also fixable. Don't know whether to build up on it or do an action job job, add some of the goodies everyone seems to want these days and maybe durabake/duracote it and sell it off. Curious to see what it does with slugs accuracy wise. Outside fit/finish is nice, lots of tool marks inside but nothing serious - a polishing project for sure. The rear castle nut was locked on pretty good so it took some heat and muscle but an Ar single point sling plate dropped right in. Also, the receiver is milled for the cmore so no rail on top for any other optics without some work to fit a rail. Nice gun, smooth action, locks up tight. Anyone know if his was a limited build by FN or is it in wide use?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

OK, I am at a loss here. I still do not understand what you mean by an "AR style hammer". Please clarify. The internals of the FN pump shotgun bear no resemblance to the Remington.

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
OK, I am at a loss here. I still do not understand what you mean by an "AR style hammer". Please clarify. The internals of the FN pump shotgun bear no resemblance to the Remington.
Yeah I'm lost too.

OP...how 'bout some pics maybe?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry, should have said ar style pistol grip not hammer. Winchester not Rem.

Last edited by Belltactical; 01-22-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

FN bought Winchester's patents after they went TU. They dressed up the 1300 and rebranded it. IMHO the 1300 is FAR superior to the Remington 870. The safety is more "safe" as it blocks the hammer. The 870 safety blocks the trigger. The 1300 has a stronger barrel and more possitive lock up as the bolt locks into the barrel, not the receiver. The 1300 is lighter with an alloy receiver. The 1300 is easier to clean as the shell stops are integral to the trigger group. The 870 has suffered from inadequately staked shell stops.

I prefer the 1300, can you tell?

The main drawback with the 1300 was the lack of decent sighting systems. The FN solved that problem.

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Robocob- thanks for the info, hadn't seen one of these before. Shot and functions fine. Like I said, cleaned and polished and added the sling plate on the tube/receiver. Considering what cost omers are asking for, I think a win forward with a light and a coat of dura and I should be able to sell it off. Sorry for the typos and misprints, I have the iPad mounted above my bench and sometimes I'll type a response when I'm not focused on the computer but heads down on the bench but takings quick break. Thanks for al, the info on the history. If it doesn't move, I'll just keep it in the shop.