First Shotgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > First Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

you might want to refer to this. the federal migratory bird laws.

http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting-and-baiting.html
...dude read your post. You linked to the same site I did.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
dang it! i did, didn't i!

we must have been thinking the same thing.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

dang it! i did, didn't i!

we must have been thinking the same thing.
Well you know what they say about great minds.....

That they usually belong to throwed off people.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Well you know what they say about great minds.....

That they usually belong to throwed off people.
i be throwed off at times!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:

you might want to refer to this. the federal migratory bird laws.

http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting-and-baiting.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Thanks for the info guys.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #16
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It probably never had a plug in it. I have a J.C. Higgins 16 guage that Grandpa bought new in the mid fifties from sears. It looks exactly like yours. I will ask dad but I am pretty sure it never had a plug.

I think you need the plug to hunt deer in Ohio but I am not positive.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
It probably never had a plug in it. I have a J.C. Higgins 16 guage that Grandpa bought new in the mid fifties from sears. It looks exactly like yours. I will ask dad but I am pretty sure it never had a plug.

I think you need the plug to hunt deer in Ohio but I am not positive.
Yep. FIL doing a trophy hunt out there this year so we read up on the deer code one night because we were bored. They've got some weird laws like only 1 hunting implement allowed per hunter. If you're carrying a rifle and your CCP you can't shoot anything with your sidearm. So I guess if a hog starts tearing into your leg you have to find a way to level the rifle at them LOL! (I think I'd just take the fine on this one if there was a wildlife agent that was a D-bag enough to write it up.)

The shotgun rule was weird too. Must be 10 gauge or less, only capable of holding 3 shells and 1 BALL PER BARREL?! No buck shot in potatoeville! ROFL!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #18
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Yep. FIL doing a trophy hunt out there this year so we read up on the deer code one night because we were bored. They've got some weird laws like only 1 hunting implement allowed per hunter. If you're carrying a rifle and your CCP you can't shoot anything with your sidearm. So I guess if a hog starts tearing into your leg you have to find a way to level the rifle at them LOL! (I think I'd just take the fine on this one if there was a wildlife agent that was a D-bag enough to write it up.)

The shotgun rule was weird too. Must be 10 gauge or less, only capable of holding 3 shells and 1 BALL PER BARREL?! No buck shot in potatoeville! ROFL!
I have never really been much of a hunter so most of knowledge is hearsay from the trap range, but it does seem we have some screwy hunting laws.

What part of Ohio you coming to?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

That's so ridiculous. Where I was in north-central Ohio, deer were seriously out of control. I don't know why they'd place restrictions like that on pretty much the most abundant game there is up there. I'd rather hunters be able to have adequate ammo to take down their game without having to reload excessively rather than total my car because deer are dumb and want to cross the road right freaking now. I don't get game codes sometimes.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 08-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #20
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
That's so ridiculous. Where I was in north-central Ohio, deer were seriously out of control. I don't know why they'd place restrictions like that on pretty much the most abundant game there is up there. I'd rather hunters be able to have adequate ammo to take down their game without having to reload excessively rather than total my car because deer are dumb and want to cross the road right freaking now. I don't get game codes sometimes.
Mods delete this post if I stray too close to politics.

I think it is because we cannot decide if we are a red state or a blue state. When we are blue we can send some serious wack jobs to Columbus (not to mention Washington), that never get all the way reversed when we go back red.