First Shotgun - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

First Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

**in reference to my previous post, I noticed this starts on a new page now**

I found this, thought I'd point out the area.

First Shotgun - General Shotgun Discussion

The red is where the o ring was (if that's the rod that connects to the slide) and I wonder if its the o ring from something in blue, but I can only glance at it and don't see any way of really taking that area apart and checking it. Also I noticed that where I have the purple question mark, I don't see that...... and I've had problems with number 18 popping out, so maybe 22 attatches to 18? Or somehow inside 17? I'm about to leave for work so I'll have to look at it more tonight

Schematic for Berettaź 391 Xtrema 2 - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #12

It might help to put up the parts list, Because then someone might be able to figure what Place the O-ring was from, I doubt alot of people know the parts of their Shotguns by #, I tend to go more by place or function. (I know Jack crap about Bretta's) But to me It looks like it was in the Magazine tube, Im not sure how that'd effect the Action of the gun, But as I said I dont know much about Bretta's. Good Luck to you, and Have fun.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #13

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Is the o ring the general size of a shot shell or smaller? Was there a dowel in the magazine tube when the gun shipped, were there o rings on the dowel, is one missing? Not a whole lot of applications for o rings or other rubber parts on a shotgun as heat and cleaning solvents tend to break them down. I imagine it's from the mag tube but that's just a hunch. Take the parts list and break the gun down to see what's missing to be sure.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #14

I'm sorry, this link was supposed to be posted with the post, I don't know why it didn't show up, but it's the only diagram with parts info I can find. **MY links are not showing up, I don't know why, I guess I DID post a link, it just didn't show up.

Schematic for Berettaź 391 Xtrema 2 - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

I just got home from work, I'll be having a look at it now. And the o ring is about an inch and a half wide.

Quote:
Was there a dowel in the magazine tube when the gun shipped, were there o rings on the dowel, is one missing?
I'm not sure honestly. This isn't something I'm familiar with.

Last edited by Spank; 03-06-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #15

I'd post a link to the video, but I found my answer!

It's supposed to go inside the forend... thats what the video calls it... I've put it back in though, I'll fire it tomorrow and see how it goes.

**wow the video shows up, well, there you go!

Last edited by Spank; 03-07-2010 at 08:36 PM.