First Shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > First Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First Shotgun

I've been registered a very long time but have never posted. Recently, with income tax money, I decided to purchase my first shotgun. I've been interested in skeet shooting after having been with a few folks, watching them and even participating a little bit myself and wanted to get into it.

I knew I wanted a Beretta and that's all I had my heart set on. I had started out looking at a used xtrema but noticed I could get an xtrema 2 for just a little bit more, shortly after I'd spent $1300 on a brand new shotgun. An expensive purchase for someone who's never owned a gun before, but I'm pretty proud of it.

I know some people who know some people that could help me with this information, the problem is getting with those people. I need information on oiling and cleaning the gun, the cleaning info I can wait on (haven't shot it yet, too cold), the oiling I need to do.

Can anyone provide information, pictures, video, of where/how to oil my new gun?

Also, where do I mail my warranty information?

Thank you for your time.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 AM   #2

Spank, what are you going to do with that Fancy Italian Shotgun?

Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 AM   #3

Default shotgun

I hope he's gonna put a few hundred boxes of #7 through it when it gets warm enough to destroy some clay!!!!!

Keep your head down!!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #4

This shotgun is primarily for hunting, not sporting clays. Dove, Ducks, Geese and Pheasants.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:42 AM   #5

a brand new 1300 dollar shotgun should come with an instruction manual with detailed instructions for breaking down the gun. if not i'm sure you could find a manual for download somewhere on the internet (Google is your friend). if all else fails you may be able to find videos on You Tube that show how to field strip your gun (this is how i learned to field strip an sks).

to clean a shotgun first you field strip it.

then using a basic shotgun cleaning kit you use the rod and brush with solvent to clean the bore and follow up with the patches until the bore is totally clean and all solvent is removed.

then using the toothbrush looking thing from your kit and a non abrasive cloth and some solvent you clean all the parts of the action and all surfaces inside the receiver and magazine then wipe dry when its all clean. then oil all moving parts and the surfaces they move against lightly with a separate cloth. they don't need to be coated in oil, just slick. leaving excess oil will attract dirt into you moving parts and cause malfunctions.

finally, reassemble the gun and wipe the entire outside of it down with the oily cloth to keep the finish and the stock (if its wood) protected from the elements and remove the oils from your own fingerprints.

i know that's not specific to your gun, but that is how i go about cleaning a shotgun. you just need to refer to your manual for instructions on how to disassemble/reassemble your specific gun.

as for your warranty info, it should be in the stuff that came in the box. if not just contact the manufacturer through their website.

and lastly, sounds like you may have a nice gun there, i'm sure you'll have fun with it.

and if you wouldn't mind could you post a pic? i'd like to see it.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #6

I bought it for clay shooting, I don't have the patience for hunting in general. I guess pheasant hunting wouldn't be too bad, but I don't see myself ever buying a rifle to go deer hunting. I need action

Very dialup unfriendly pictures, probably didn't need to be so high quality, but I didn't change it lol.
Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

I tried youtube, that was my first bet before coming here, not very helpful sadly, neither has been Google. Will have to try some different search terms until I can come up with something I guess.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #7

Well, I'm going out tomorrow to fire it for the first time. Eager to see how that goes....

Old 03-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Let us know how you do. I'd recommend you put the cylinder or improved cylinder choke tube in it if it don't have skeet choke tube included. You'll be able to hit them a LOT easier with an open choke.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Contrats Spank!

You are going to LOVE that Xtrema2.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #10

Well my gun fired a few times then stopped..... Load a shell, click, but no boom. Took it back to Benton Shooters and he looked it it, I had an o ring just flopping around in there, attatched to nothing. He compared it to two other guns and just didn't see the o ring on any of the other xtrema2s so we took it out, went around back and shoot a box of shells through it and it fired every time after that. I'm going to check again though because when I had the gun apart (broken in the two pieces, not completely apart :P) that o ring wasn't just loose, I think it goes to something, just gotta find a diagram and have a look around in that area. The guy at Benton Shooters went a long ways in helping me I feel, he even offered to swap it for a new gun if it wouldn't keep working.

But my friend had alot of other guns so we shot those instead, we killed a box! Mostly dove and turkey shot, and a few shots from a rifle I'm not familiar with.

Box