First Shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > First Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default First Shotgun

What would be a good first over and under or a first double barrel shotgun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #2

If you can find one at a fair price, a good first double would be a Savage Stevens Model 311, or a Rossi, or a "Universal Baliki Toz 66" (Russian, imported by Universal, true sidelock with "rabbit ear" hammers, very high quality and fit for the price. Even has hard chromed bores!)

Gun Control is a MUST! If you cannot control your gun get one you CAN!

Old 07-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #3

My first OU was a IZH27 12ga, great gun at first but I started having trouble out of it. But at the time I was shooting alot of clays. I put almost 10,000 rounds out of that gun in just under 3 months. I then bought a Stoger Uplander 20ga but it was cyl. bore choked and wouldnt hold a pattern for me to kill a rabbit. I also owned a Mossberg Silver Reserve 28ga and it was a good gun, but I got itching for something new and had no money so I traded it off. Currently I own a EAA/Baikal IZH-43K 12ga SxS, single trigger and screw in chokes nice gun it kills on both ends but Im working to resolve that some. Tryin to find a good formula for some 7/8oz loads.

IMO, the bottom line depends on your budget and what your going to use it for. All of the above mentioned guns are fine field guns, price pretty much at $400 or less. However if your going to shot alot of clays with this gun and your budget allows you to spend the money I strongly suggest a Browning or Beretta OU. Doesnt matter what model they are imo the best $1000 dollar double on the market. Never owned one my budget hasnt allowed it yet. But I have shot both.

Last edited by Pistol City GunDawgs; 07-29-2007 at 06:42 PM.