Finally got to shoot the winchester model 1300 speed pump
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Finally got to shoot the winchester model 1300 speed pump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default Finally got to shoot the winchester model 1300 speed pump

Yesterday (10/16/11) I finally got to take the new Winchester model 1300 speed pump out and shoot some trap. Boy i really enjoy this shot gun. I was totally caught off guard on how the shot gun automatically spits the spent shell out without having to rack the fore end. This was my first time getting to shoot a speed pump and now I fully understand why it is called one. Overall I am very pleased with the shot gun and hopefully next time I will be able to get someone to snap some photos of me dusting some clays.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #2

Liked 142 Times on 109 Posts

I hate to break it to you, but the whole "speed pump" thing is pure marketing. I'm pretty sure world records have been set with the Benelli (its the Indian, not the bow), and my Wingmaster does the exact same thing. When the gun fires, the fore end/bolt is free to travel to the rear. Recoil throws the whole gun backwards, you stop the butt, and inertia keeps the fore end assembly moving.
As long as you are happy with the gun, that's all that matters. Enjoy it.

What could have happened... did.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So you got yourself a man's pump gun, huh?? I've currently got 2 1300s, a Turkey and a Defender(working on a second defender). I think you've made a great choice!!

Don't let Virginian talk you down, nothing cycles like a 1200/1300.

No offense, VAian, I'm a huge fan of these.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
I hate to break it to you, but the whole "speed pump" thing is pure marketing. I'm pretty sure world records have been set with the Benelli (its the Indian, not the bow), and my Wingmaster does the exact same thing. When the gun fires, the fore end/bolt is free to travel to the rear. Recoil throws the whole gun backwards, you stop the butt, and inertia keeps the fore end assembly moving.
As long as you are happy with the gun, that's all that matters. Enjoy it.

This is nothing new to me. My father picked the shot gun up brand new in box for $125. So yes i am extremely happy with it. I do like Benelli's myself but I can guarantee ill never get one of them NIB for that price.

Overall, I am happy my dad was at the right place at the right time. I already bought it off him so its officially mine now.

Last edited by Boyerracing343; 10-19-2011 at 02:19 AM.