Finally got to shoot my tiny 20 GA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Finally got to shoot my tiny 20 GA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Finally got to shoot my tiny 20 GA

Here the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
Ok, I was in my buddy's gun shop; you know just shooting the ****. He brought me into the back to show off his new-to-him Smith and Wesson model 29. Its a beautiful gun with a tappered barrel with a gold-bead front sight. I am truly jealous.

Anyways, while back there I saw a little pistol grip shotgun. Its a single shot 3" 20 GA. He said one of his employee bought it used while he was out. He did not even know if he could sell it legally because it is so short. So we measured it and the barrel is 20" and the OAL is 27.1". This thing just looked like too much fun so I asked how much. He just asked for $70 for it and now its mine. He even threw in a couple boxes of some buckshot shells.

It has a smooth barrel with a gold bead and says "American Arms NKC, MO" on the left side of the hex chamber, "20GA" on top of the chamber, and the right side of the chamber says "3 inch Made in Italy". That's all the markings on the gun. What I found online was: "American Arms, based in North Kansas City, Missouri, was specialized in importing shotguns from Italy and Spain. It was made by Franchi Arms plant in the town of Brescia; located in northern Italy." However, the site did not have any pictures. So any corroborating or contradicting information about this little gun would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Below is a grouping with 3 Buck at 7 yards and a video also at 7 yards. Its a fun little thing. You know when actually shooting this baby the felt recoil isn't bad but in the video it looks crazy!!!

I am very impressed with the spread of the buckshot at 7 yards. I now have in loaded next to my Security Six ready for an intruder! I figure one shot and I drop it and switch to the Six.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #2

thats one cool little toy! ive never shot a 20ga in that style, but ive done 12ga. those things are fun as can be. have you tried shooting those agulia mini shot shells from it? same damage but less kick (only good for close range, naturally). i think they make the shells for 12ga, not sure abt 20ga tho.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is cool! I don't know if i've seen one with the hexagonal receiver part before.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Mesinge, I respect you but I think your little shotgun is ugly as homemade sin. But it looks like it does the job, can't complain about that.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Can we see a closer picture of that trigger please?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
[SIZE="3"]You know when actually shooting this baby the felt recoil isn't bad but in the video it looks crazy!!!
Just a suggestion, an aftermarket forend grip attached to that baby may help in controlling that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Just a suggestion, an aftermarket forend grip attached to that baby may help in controlling that.
I am going to have to try and find a foregrip for this weird thing.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Interesting piece.
Sure puts the pattern in.
Looks like it backs up pretty good in the video.
Thanks for sharing.
And at $70, what a great deal!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Looks like a fun gun to shoot. I love my pistol grip mossberg 500. So much fun to shoot.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I certainly wouldn't enter it into any firearms beauty pageants but damned if I would be the guy crawling through the window of anyone who sleeps with this thing at his bedside... I would think this is a great bad guy blaster... Only thing is, you look like you're about to deck yourself in the face with each shot...