Favorite shotgun brand?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Favorite shotgun brand?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default Favorite shotgun brand?

Im talkin bout which is the best quality in your opinion. And the specific shotgun you like and how much it cost. Im lookin to buy a good hunting shotgun so im guessing this will help.

__________________
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lawman30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100
Im talkin bout which is the best quality in your opinion. And the specific shotgun you like and how much it cost. Im lookin to buy a good hunting shotgun so im guessing this will help.
I own three shotguns and they are all Remington. My favorite go to shotgun is the model 870. It's durable as hell and very reliable. I've never had any problems with it.
__________________
lawman30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

I had my eye on a berreta pump shotgun it cost about $400 at Turners 12 guage

__________________
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman30

I own three shotguns and they are all Remington. My favorite go to shotgun is the model 870. It's durable as hell and very reliable. I've never had any problems with it.
Also how much did you pay if its alright to ask, and what guage perferably 12
__________________
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Virginian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Evangeline,Louisiana
Posts: 811
Liked 128 Times on 98 Posts

Default

I have 5 Remingtons and a Browning. I have owned probably one of everything, except a Benelli. Didn't need to actually own one to know I didn't want one. I do not know that my favorite is going to make much difference to you. I am 6'1", 225 pounds, 63 years old, and I have tried a LOT of shotguns.
A semi auto or a pump will get you afield with the ability to bag game for less money than a 2 barreled gun. A pump is the least expensive way to go, and what most of you really want to know is how little can I get by spending.
Remington 870, or a Mossberg, or a Nova will suffice. Pump guns are like Crescent wrenches - they work without giving you the warm fuzzy feeling you get from watching Erin talk about football. Debating the merits of the various ones is an endless past time on gun forums.

__________________

What could have happened... did.

Virginian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gmaster456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 485
Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Default

I personally like Mossberg. You can't beat the bang for your buck with most of their guns. Same could go to remington.

__________________
gmaster456 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian
I have 5 Remingtons and a Browning. I have owned probably one of everything, except a Benelli. Didn't need to actually own one to know I didn't want one. I do not know that my favorite is going to make much difference to you. I am 6'1", 225 pounds, 63 years old, and I have tried a LOT of shotguns.
A semi auto or a pump will get you afield with the ability to bag game for less money than a 2 barreled gun. A pump is the least expensive way to go, and what most of you really want to know is how little can I get by spending.
Remington 870, or a Mossberg, or a Nova will suffice. Pump guns are like Crescent wrenches - they work without giving you the warm fuzzy feeling you get from watching Erin talk about football. Debating the merits of the various ones is an endless past time on gun forums.
Im just looking at diffrent options. How long is the barrel to your Remington 870 and how much was it if you dont mind me asking
__________________
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Georgiahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 506
Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100

Im just looking at diffrent options. How long is the barrel to your Remington 870 and how much was it if you dont mind me asking
I know this question wasn't intended for me but I have a 28" barrel 12ga. 870. Paid about $270 for it, but a used one will be cheaper. You can also get it in 20 ga. ( maybe .410?) and a 26" barrel. There is also the slightly more expensive HD version that has a shorter barrel and is synthetic. Hope that helps!
__________________
Georgiahunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheHunter100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter
I know this question wasn't intended for me but I have a 28" barrel 12ga. 870. Paid about $270 for it, but a used one will be cheaper. You can also get it in 20 ga. ( maybe .410?) and a 26" barrel. There is also the slightly more expensive HD version that has a shorter barrel and is synthetic. Hope that helps!
Ya that helped, man thats pretty cheap were did you buy it? Is it a reliable gun, would it last for a long time? But I just bought a marlin 336 lever action for $550 waiting my ten days so I have to wait a while for my shotty.
__________________
TheHunter100 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aandabooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,493
Liked 325 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default

My personal favorites are the Winchesters. Talking about the 12/1200/1300 series of guns. Not familiar with the newer guns but they look nice.

I've got two 1200s in 12&16. I had a 1300 for a slug gun but traded it and I've shot several 12s.

My FIL and son both have the 870. One is a youth model 20 and my FIL keeps his deer barrel on fulltime. Not a big fan of the 870 because it recoils significantly harder than my 1300 used to with the same slugs.

__________________
aandabooks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Shotgun Scabbards or shotgun rigs or.... Dr. Marneaus General Shotgun Discussion 13 01-03-2013 09:05 PM
Favorite shotgun? dclagg General Shotgun Discussion 25 01-02-2012 03:15 AM
What is your favorite brand of handgun and why? TimKS General Handgun Discussion 70 09-15-2011 02:41 AM
How to turn Security Shotgun into Upland Bird Hunter's Shotgun? sausn2002 General Shotgun Discussion 8 09-23-2009 09:02 PM
Great Prices on all your favorite name brand targets!! Uber Arms Sponsor Display 0 01-28-2008 01:43 AM