Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Favorite shotgun brand? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/favorite-shotgun-brand-53788/)

TheHunter100 12-18-2011 05:40 PM

Favorite shotgun brand?

Im talkin bout which is the best quality in your opinion. And the specific shotgun you like and how much it cost. Im lookin to buy a good hunting shotgun so im guessing this will help.

lawman30 12-18-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHunter100
Im talkin bout which is the best quality in your opinion. And the specific shotgun you like and how much it cost. Im lookin to buy a good hunting shotgun so im guessing this will help.

I own three shotguns and they are all Remington. My favorite go to shotgun is the model 870. It's durable as hell and very reliable. I've never had any problems with it.

TheHunter100 12-18-2011 06:20 PM

I had my eye on a berreta pump shotgun it cost about $400 at Turners 12 guage

TheHunter100 12-18-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawman30

I own three shotguns and they are all Remington. My favorite go to shotgun is the model 870. It's durable as hell and very reliable. I've never had any problems with it.

Also how much did you pay if its alright to ask, and what guage perferably 12

Virginian 12-19-2011 12:37 AM

I have 5 Remingtons and a Browning. I have owned probably one of everything, except a Benelli. Didn't need to actually own one to know I didn't want one. I do not know that my favorite is going to make much difference to you. I am 6'1", 225 pounds, 63 years old, and I have tried a LOT of shotguns.
A semi auto or a pump will get you afield with the ability to bag game for less money than a 2 barreled gun. A pump is the least expensive way to go, and what most of you really want to know is how little can I get by spending.
Remington 870, or a Mossberg, or a Nova will suffice. Pump guns are like Crescent wrenches - they work without giving you the warm fuzzy feeling you get from watching Erin talk about football. Debating the merits of the various ones is an endless past time on gun forums.

gmaster456 12-19-2011 12:55 AM

I personally like Mossberg. You can't beat the bang for your buck with most of their guns. Same could go to remington.

TheHunter100 12-19-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginian
I have 5 Remingtons and a Browning. I have owned probably one of everything, except a Benelli. Didn't need to actually own one to know I didn't want one. I do not know that my favorite is going to make much difference to you. I am 6'1", 225 pounds, 63 years old, and I have tried a LOT of shotguns.
A semi auto or a pump will get you afield with the ability to bag game for less money than a 2 barreled gun. A pump is the least expensive way to go, and what most of you really want to know is how little can I get by spending.
Remington 870, or a Mossberg, or a Nova will suffice. Pump guns are like Crescent wrenches - they work without giving you the warm fuzzy feeling you get from watching Erin talk about football. Debating the merits of the various ones is an endless past time on gun forums.

Im just looking at diffrent options. How long is the barrel to your Remington 870 and how much was it if you dont mind me asking

Georgiahunter 12-19-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHunter100

Im just looking at diffrent options. How long is the barrel to your Remington 870 and how much was it if you dont mind me asking

I know this question wasn't intended for me but I have a 28" barrel 12ga. 870. Paid about $270 for it, but a used one will be cheaper. You can also get it in 20 ga. ( maybe .410?) and a 26" barrel. There is also the slightly more expensive HD version that has a shorter barrel and is synthetic. Hope that helps!

TheHunter100 12-19-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgiahunter
I know this question wasn't intended for me but I have a 28" barrel 12ga. 870. Paid about $270 for it, but a used one will be cheaper. You can also get it in 20 ga. ( maybe .410?) and a 26" barrel. There is also the slightly more expensive HD version that has a shorter barrel and is synthetic. Hope that helps!

Ya that helped, man thats pretty cheap were did you buy it? Is it a reliable gun, would it last for a long time? But I just bought a marlin 336 lever action for $550 waiting my ten days so I have to wait a while for my shotty.

aandabooks 12-19-2011 02:38 AM

My personal favorites are the Winchesters. Talking about the 12/1200/1300 series of guns. Not familiar with the newer guns but they look nice.

I've got two 1200s in 12&16. I had a 1300 for a slug gun but traded it and I've shot several 12s.

My FIL and son both have the 870. One is a youth model 20 and my FIL keeps his deer barrel on fulltime. Not a big fan of the 870 because it recoils significantly harder than my 1300 used to with the same slugs.