Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > dragons breath

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default dragons breath

Anyone hear ever used any of those exotic shotgun rounds like dragons breath, fetching rounds and all that stuff? Always thought they were interesting. Anyone got any stories or thoughts about all those?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #2

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Ive seen them on YouTube before they are pretty cool but not very many ethical uses for it lol

Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #3

Always have wanted to use it to start a bon-fire haha

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #4

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Lol yea it would be cool to do that or just to mess around with

Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

it is illegal in many states. before you think about buying any rounds know that. and also they are very bad for your gun, or so I understand.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

I hadn't actually heard about the dragons breath so I took a peak and found this video. Lots of fun ammo used. I think I know how dragons breath is made (no I won't share).
Anyway enjoy the video guys and make a note of the bail of hay down range.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

they use metal like magnesium

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #8

i think dragons breath is cool and i also would like to use the pepper spray one. and also the confetti to scare people.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Confetti shotgun ammo? That has got to be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. When someone gets the idea that a deadly weapon can be used as a fun prank to scare people is when Mr. Murphy loves to show up and ruin several lives. All it would take is a lodged item in the barrel, confetti that got wet with moisture or oil, an improperly marked round or any number of other intangibles and BOOM, someone is dead and someone else is going to jail for a very long time.

A shotgun is a deadly weapon. Trying to turn it into something it is not is ill advised. I am not a fan of less lethal munitions for lethal weapons. Less is not the same as non. A purpose built 13 ga beanbag shotgun would not be as risky if it could not chamber lethal ammo.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Confetti shotgun ammo? That has got to be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. When someone gets the idea that a deadly weapon can be used as a fun prank to scare people is when Mr. Murphy loves to show up and ruin several lives. All it would take is a lodged item in the barrel, confetti that got wet with moisture or oil, an improperly marked round or any number of other intangibles and BOOM, someone is dead and someone else is going to jail for a very long time.

A shotgun is a deadly weapon. Trying to turn it into something it is not is ill advised. I am not a fan of less lethal munitions for lethal weapons. Less is not the same as non. A purpose built 13 ga beanbag shotgun would not be as risky if it could not chamber lethal ammo.
I know Mr. Murphy very well, he mostly showed up in plumbing repair situations but with out a doubt he could easily show up in or out of a shotgun barrel. First of all the old statement comes to mind, "I thought the gun was unloaded." usually said after blood is flowing or there's a dead body laying on the ground. The question always has to be, are you absolutely sure of what's in the chamber of any firearm? That You Tube guy ought to have the sh*t kicked out of him, NO way I'd even begin to think of doing something like that. The odds for something going wrong are just too great, what if some guy with no sense of reality tries this stunt and makes a mistake in what ammo might be in the chamber?