Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > CZ 712 ALS shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 6

Default CZ 712 ALS shotgun

I would like to buy a new shotgun for clay shooting,hunting and personal defense. I would like the shotgun to be a semi auto and 26 inch barrel. I've shopped around and came to a conclusion, am getting a CZ 712 Al's semi auto with adjustable stock. It's not expensive average price is around $530. Can anyone give me a detail review on the gun? Feedback well appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #2

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

I don't have any personal experience with the cz but I have heard good things about then

Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Not sure about a semi-auto but I use a Beretta Silver Pigeon for clays and can't fault it, absolutely beautiful gun for not a lot of money. After a few thousand rounds I've never experienced any problems at all... Not sure what type of semi-auto's they make but well worth a look... Just my opinion..
Cheers From OZ

Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

My grandson just got an ALS for use in youth trap shooting (he is 13). Since we live just a few miles from CZ-USA headquarters our LGS was able to get it equipped with a 28" barrel and he's using a long choke tube to get close to a total of 30" which seems to be the choice for competition. He had to postpone his first range visit because of bad weather but is eager to get it running. I'm no shotgun expert (I'm a 1911-type myself), but it sure looks like a good piece to me.

"History teaches that war begins when nations believe that the price of aggression is cheap." - Ronald Reagan

Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #5

Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEagleEars
My grandson just got an ALS for use in youth trap shooting (he is 13). Since we live just a few miles from CZ-USA headquarters our LGS was able to get it equipped with a 28" barrel and he's using a long choke tube to get close to a total of 30" which seems to be the choice for competition. He had to postpone his first range visit because of bad weather but is eager to get it running. I'm no shotgun expert (I'm a 1911-type myself), but it sure looks like a good piece to me.
Thanks for your feedback am definitely getting the ALS. Please let me know how it shoots.