Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > "custom" shotshell loading??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
with YouTube and Jackass around, there are too many stupid people who play recklessly with firearms! good way to clean up the gene pool i guess!
My thoughts exactly. I wanna see this guy build some incendiary rounds.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19553 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
yeah, that would be cute! these young kids are watching too much tv and playing video games. most of them believe what they see on tv and movies and take it for fact. when society collapses, they will not survive and this will be the end of most of them, and this will clean up the gene pool and leave the strongest and smartest.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #23

hey guys, GUESS WHAT!!!!!
you can call me a moron all you want, but have done this HUNDREDS of times, yea..even with one large rock my friend)
i dont have a choke... but theres NO sign of barrel damage or anything even close.. in fact, NOTHING bad has ever happened from one of my home made rounds....so.. you keep arguing with your "logic" you think you have on the subject. ill aruge back with PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

oh yea one more thing, i only use birdshot shells, becuz theres a wad that holds the shot...that plastic wad is the only thing that scrapes the inside of the barrel...no matter what you put in it... so i dont think im gonna damage my barrel...i used alittle common since, and figured out something awesome that hasn't and probly will never fail...so keep luaghin

Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex19ccc View Post
you can call me a moron all you want, but have done this HUNDREDS of times, yea..even with one large rock my friend)
i dont have a choke... but theres NO sign of barrel damage or anything even close.. in fact, NOTHING bad has ever happened from one of my home made rounds....so.. you keep arguing with your "logic" you think you have on the subject. ill aruge back with PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

oh yea one more thing, i only use birdshot shells, becuz theres a wad that holds the shot...that plastic wad is the only thing that scrapes the inside of the barrel...no matter what you put in it... so i dont think im gonna damage my barrel...i used alittle common since, and figured out something awesome that hasn't and probly will never fail...so keep luaghin
Alex,

I am sure that you are willing to accept all the risk of what you are doing.
And if you are running a cylinder choke and the mass of what you are tossing
down range is less than the normal lead load you are likely going to be just
fine.

I think the point some of the other replies are intending is that someone else
with less experience, understanding of firearms and common sense might try
the same thing and hurt themselves or worse some bystander.

Just my 2 cents. I have also done some experimentation with various
projectiles; I just choose to keep that information to myself.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have, they can be pretty cool. Esp. with a shaped charge warhead.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #26

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I have, they can be pretty cool. Esp. with a shaped charge warhead.
We need to talk more.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #27

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex19ccc View Post

We don't doubt you know what you are doing,but you gotta be careful what you say,you might get some 13yo on here thinking he can load up his dad's 300 win mag with skittles not understanding the huge difference in pressure between a shotgun and rifle and he loses his head.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 10-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19553 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

well alex just keep doing what you're doing, because the odds of something bad will catch up to you. i wasn't speaking from "logic" but as to what can happen, did happen once many years ago when i was young and stupid. i tried experimenting in making "custom shotshells" and had one blow up a single shot shotgun. turned it into scrap metal and came very close to putting an eye out, my mother pulled a 3/4" piece of metal out of my face! so the old saying goes, play with fire long enough, you will get burned one day. there could be worse things than dead, maybe going through the rest of your life blind or scarred or even as a vegatable. so if you want to be stupid and possibly do damage to yourself, that's your business, but keep it to yourself and don't post it on a public forum for others with less knowledge about such to see and think this is acceptable, because it's not.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #29

Liked 1056 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1070

alex19ccc; I agree with you, I have loaded some strange stuff in a shotgun, but unless you just get plain stupid I have never had any harm come of it. As far as incendiary rounds.

12 Gauge Incendiary slug - $4.50 : GUNSHOWGOODS!, Your Source for Tactical Gear and Military Surplus

When all else fails.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #30

well thank you to those of you that agree with me for those of you that say "wehat if some 13 yr old tries something like this and kills himself"

uhm... this is a firearm form, anyone thats too young to own a gun should be on here.. if they are, they better be mature enough not to do anything retarded :P
thats life... im not tryin to make enemies on here..i like this site.. but damn guys. ease up lol