Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Cowboy Action Shooting Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Cowboy Action Shooting Shotgun

Guys,

I have been toying with getting into Cowboy Action Shooting for a while now and with Glass’s encouragement I have been acquiring the necessary guns and equipment and clothing. I’ve got my single action revolvers now and went with 38/357 as the brass is more readily available for reloading than 45 LC. Glass is making my leather gear, pistol belt, holsters, and Shotgun bandoleer and will probably make most of my clothes also. I only have my rifle and shotgun left to buy and I’ll be ready to go. I found a reproduction of the John Browning 1887 lever action shotgun but it is made by a company I’m not familiar with. Does anyone know anything about a company called IAC imports? I’ve Googled it and found that it is a division of Interstate Arms Corp out of Massachusetts but other than that I don’t know anything at all about the company.

Here is a picture of the shotgun I'm looking at. What do you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

What little I know about them seems to indicate they have poor customer service.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #3

Thanks Don, do you know anything about the quality of the weapon?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

The Scubinator

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Thanks Don, do you know anything about the quality of the weapon?
Not really, but if you google them, you'll get links to some forums where there's discussions on them.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #6

Well, I posted it in another thread that I found a good friend who had this shotgun that I wanted and we (actually Glass) worked a deal. His shotgun did not have the leather wrap on the lever action so I asked Glass to do her magic and she not only made the lever wrap but she made the rough out stock cover I wanted. All I have left to do is get the beads I want for the fringe. I wanted an Indian kind of look to go with my Cowboy Action Shooting persona.

Here she is:

Old 10-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Whadya" mean we, kemosabe?

Looks good.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Looks great Scubie.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 AM   #9
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
The Scubinator

That was the first thing i thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
All I have left to do is get the beads I want for the fringe.
Scubie, i am telling every hippie i know that a LEO is beading his shotty!

Looks good!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #10

Scubie, i am telling every hippie i know that a LEO is beading his shotty!

Looks good![/QUOTE]

Dude, like.. it's a native american thing.. Dude.. like,,, Dude.. What were we talking about???