Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > corny question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Who said he's going to need a new shotgun every year or 2? A good semiauto shotgun will last for years-especially with light target loads.
I only meant that, if he tries shotgun shooting sports and likes them, he is gonna want to do different types of shotgun shooting sports. I know MANY folks who try this stuff and within one to two years, quickly decide they need another shotgun to shoot three bird shoots or some other variation of the sport. Once folks start, they really like this stuff, because you always get to test your skill. I am actually trying to encourage people to not have to buy a different gun every 2 years. Buy a gun that can do everything, especially if you like the auto anyway.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default At's what I'm talkin 'bout

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Who said he's going to need a new shotgun every year or 2? A good semiauto shotgun will last for years-especially with light target loads.
I have the 870 and it does it all but still going to get the semi, and at my age that should do it for shotguns

Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #33

Personally, I think anyone can do very well with ALMOST any gun if they have a good setup for themselves. My uncle has an auto-loading 12 gauge, and after only putting about 10 rounds through my own Mossberg 500 pump I was shooting just about as fast as he was. Obviously, you're going to have more movement with your arm with a pump, but if you spend enough time (and money on ammo) you'll be able to get perfectly used to your gun. On the note of "having a good setup for yourself," there are many options you can pursue (especially with a more modern gun). Stock replacement, different barrels, opportunities to find a type of ammo that you like (Remington, Federal, Winchester, Brenekke, just to name a few) can all effect your gun's balance, performance, and your skill with that specific gun.

Now, if you get this gun that you're looking for with synthetic accents, it's gonna cost less (like you said) and may also weigh less than that gun's equivalent with wooden accents. If you like that gun that you rented and you do very well with it, go right on ahead and buy that same gun with the same setup. If your preference ain't broke, don't fix it...

Newest Threads