Contacting the Francotta factory
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Contacting the Francotta factory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Contacting the Francotta factory

I have an old Francotta shotgun that has been passed down through a couple generations to me. It has had its fair share of wear and tear though and especially the gun butt would need replacing. I would like this to be done by the Francotta factory, and i do know for a fact that they are still in business. The question is how to contact them; as even through extensive internet research; I haven't found anything, except for being quite surprised as for the value of the nakkered old gun. The value of it just makes me more convinced that the restauration should be done in a factory.

PS. on a sidenote; I managed to date the thing based on the serial number and the markings on it. It's a 1928.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9426 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

I don't know about Francotta, but Auguste Francotte y Cie is doing business in Belgium where they always have. Company is older than Purdey or Holland & Holland.

If THAT is who you are looking for, you can contact them through doubleguns. Use THIS: doublegunshop.com Auguste Francotte & Cie Firearms page 1, Auguste Francotte one of the world oldest and finest gun makers. doublegunshop.com Fine Firearms Resource for the Sportsman and Collector. doublegunshop.com shotguns, and double barreled shot

Please note- ALL of their guns are "bespoke" guns. There is NO standard model. ALL guns are made to order for the customer. Basic gun about $18,000. Price goes up from there. Restoration costs likely similar.

If, however, you are looking for Francotta...... I got nothing.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Francotte

Auguste Francotte & Co. is now a division of Connecticut Shotgun Mfg. (Tony Galazan) in New Britain, Conn. European production is still conducted there but they are producing guns in Conn. for the American buyer. All bespoke guns, made to order. Only full sidelock guns are being made in all gauges. Prices start @ $25K with a 12 month delivery. CSMC services these also.