Clay target shooting - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Clay target shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 776 Times on 608 Posts

i can help.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #12

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-19-13-a-91211/

Retired Naval Aviation
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #13

Default getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10 View Post
Thats awsome. How would i get started. I love skeet and trap shooting.

I would suggest that you join a skeet club and get to know some good shooters. There are usually a few good guys at every club that will be glad to help you. Get one gun that fits and that will shoot where you point it. Don't worry about all of the different gauges. Remember, you are learning. When you become fairly proficient with the one gun, then you can move on to other gauges (or barrels, depending on what type of gun you shoot). There are basically 3 styles or techniques used in skeet shooting. These are, sustained lead, swing through, and pull away. I used the swing through method and it worked very well for me. One advantage is that it keeps the gun moving and it becomes difficult to stop the gun. Stopping the gun or slowing down the swing is the number one cause of misses in skeet. That brings me to this: the one problem with my first suggestion about finding some good shooters to help you learn is that they will teach you using their method which may or may not work for you. Just understand that in the beginning. Let me know if you have anymore questions. If you are ever in central Florida, let me know and I will give you some instruction in person.
ct

Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #14

nehhh. i know the clubs in his area. if you arent a member and smoke cuban cigars, they wont give him the time of day that i would.
because most shooters up there are on small fields, teaching and learning slows down the squads waiting in line. dues paying members then whine and since conn is so overregulated, teaching is only reserved for certain days set aside for it.
i just dumped my 27 year membership in a conn club because of this and many other conn politics that went with it.
he's coming out to mo oct. we'll get him flying straight for free. he can have his own field and take all day.
im the boss here and i like it much better that way. no committee to tell me i cant. the good old top down type A mgt model works quite well.

Retired Naval Aviation

Last edited by bobski; 05-25-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I had the same problem with a few clubs over here.. Didn't want to know me or help me in anyway... But then I went to the Melbourne Gun Club and I've never looked back, they have been so supportive and helpful there... I've since shot with some of the worlds best such as Russell and Lauryn Mark, Adam Vella, Craig Trembath and Michael Diamond and they were just decent knockabout blokes like you and me.. Only with world titles and Olympic gold medals...lolol..