Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > chinese ithica 37 clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default chinese ithica 37 clone

ive recently procured a seemingly poorly made clone of an ithica 37 (thats my best guess anyhow). its a tactical 12 ga. that loads and ejects through the bottom with an 18.5 in barrel with ghost sights. the only thing stamped on the receiver is shandong first machine works china and of corse the chamber size and serial number. can anyone tell me if my guess is right and/or anything else about this gun(e.g. value, quality, etc)?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7615 Times on 3315 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Shandong was one of the large arsenals in China. The Chinese have "reverse engineered"several older firearms, notably Winchester 97s, Ithacas, etc. No first hand experience- reports of problems with soft steel, bad heat treat of small parts, etc. Some Ithaca parts MAY swap, some not. Reliability not as high as Ithaca. A gun I am popping doves with is one thing, defense is another. Altho ANY gun may be better than NO gun, this would not be my first choice.

What's it worth? Well, how much did you pay for it? It is worth at least that much.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #3

it was given to me by my ucnle. but thats a good one. i guess what im getting at is should i sell it and put that money toward a 500 or 870?