Charles Daly 20 ga
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Charles Daly 20 ga

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Charles Daly 20 ga

Well, where to start.

I think by now that everyone knows that Charles Daly has gone out of business. I was caught up in the middle of that happening as I had a 20 ga. sent to them (him) for repair. The locking block was broke. Anyway, (I guess I was fortunate) the gun came back not repaired. Later, I found that Numrich had bought all their stock. (parts) Numrich operates under e-gunparts.com. Hope that is allowed here. As I was saying, I received the gun back un-repaired and also missing parts. NO firing pin spring. NO bolt handle. I have a gun that is useless.

Does anyone know of a company that might have parts other than Numrich? That particular part is listed as sold out.

Thanks, OT

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletrapper View Post
Well, where to start.

I think by now that everyone knows that Charles Daly has gone out of business. I was caught up in the middle of that happening as I had a 20 ga. sent to them (him) for repair. The locking block was broke. Anyway, (I guess I was fortunate) the gun came back not repaired. Later, I found that Numrich had bought all their stock. (parts) Numrich operates under e-gunparts.com. Hope that is allowed here. As I was saying, I received the gun back un-repaired and also missing parts. NO firing pin spring. NO bolt handle. I have a gun that is useless.

Does anyone know of a company that might have parts other than Numrich? That particular part is listed as sold out.

Thanks, OT
Not sure if Charles Daly was a manufacturer or an assembler. The manufacturing part may have been a legal term for import restrictions. Anyway I would recommend locating some info on the actual manufacturer and seeing whether they sell other private label guns assembled from the same parts. An alternative would be to give up and buy a Mossy or Remmy as a replacement. Good luck.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Try Brownell or PM me a list of the parts you need and I'll do some research when I get back to the store. Were closed until after the 4th for range maintenance.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Well, where to start.

Thanks, OT
Do you still have broken Locking Block

Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #5

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Does it not say it was made by Miroku in Japan, or something somewhere?

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still have everything, I think. lol Missing a bolt handle and firing pin and spring.

Fish, Hunt, Trap and then start all over again.
Life Member NRA, LKS, NWF, UTK, KFA
Annual Sponsor, DU QU, NWTF

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Gun was made in Akkar, Turkey

Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Jack first can make them if necessary. They MIGHT have what you need already. You can google them. They dont have their catalog online though. You will have to call and tell them what you need.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Rough, I contacted him months and months ago. They won't touch it. Thanks again. OT

Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #10

Default Parts

Quote:
Still have everything, I think. lol Missing a bolt handle and firing pin and spring.
mikesgunworks@yahoo.com
This guy has my Bolt assembly and is trying to find a Locking Block to Pattern off of so he can make me one, drop him an email and maybe he can help both of us. I have seen the Bolt handles on ebay and the Firing Pin and Spring on many of the Gun sites {just no Locking Blocks} As of now I have a $300.00 Paper Weight and the bad thing is I liked the gun a lot.