Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Charles Daily Closing Doors (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/charles-daily-closing-doors-22819/)

jimbobpissypants 01-30-2010 09:28 PM

Charles Daily Closing Doors

They released a press release. The end of Jan will be the end of it. Service will still be available, but no warranty.:eek:

UnderFire 01-30-2010 11:31 PM

Do you have a link? So that we can get the details.

canebrake 01-30-2010 11:44 PM

The Rumors are True! - The Charles Daly Forums

Car54 01-30-2010 11:44 PM

the press release is shown below.

A few days ago, CDNNsports sent me an e-mail with some spectacular prices on shotguns. If interested check out their website.

To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on The Charles Daly Forums - Powered by vBulletin, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles DalyŽ and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Michael B. Kassnar, President

UnderFire 01-30-2010 11:54 PM

Thanks for the link, cane.
WOW, that's sad indeed.

BillM 01-31-2010 12:00 AM

Given the feeding frenzy of the past year, there must be something
SERIOUSLY wrong for a firearms manufacturer/importer to go out
of business.

Anybody know any of the reasons?

Dillinger 01-31-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillM (Post 221667)
Given the feeding frenzy of the past year, there must be something
SERIOUSLY wrong for a firearms manufacturer/importer to go out
of business.

I was thinking the same exact thing. For a reputable maker to suddenly have to close it's doors in this economy is strange, to say the least. I suspect someone with their hand in the cookie jar behind the scenes made some VERY bad moves.

This is sad. I was not a huge "fan" of their weapons, but more guns in the market forces competition and I am all for a better product for my money.

I suspect that more will come out of this in the coming months.

JD