Century Arms 12 Gauge Coach Gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Century Arms 12 Gauge Coach Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Century Arms 12 Gauge Coach Gun

Howdy yall.

I was in Dunhams Sporting Goods the other day and in their gun case was a 12 Gauge side by side shotgun with external cocking hammers from Century Arms.

Yall got one of these or had one?

Yall heard of these?

I would like to take this to FLA for next years Hog & 'Gator hunt.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I've never hunted with one, but my dad has one my grandpa left him, and I love it. Maybe not the most practical shotgun out there, but its a helluva lot of fun to shoot!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #3

What I have noticed about Century Arms shotguns is that they are made in China with heavy thick steel and with inferior parts. The guns are very heavy. When hunting you don't want a heavy gun with you because you carry it more than shoot it. I've also noticed they're a copy of the Remmy 870. I rather own an original than a copy. Save your coins and get a Remington or Mossberg. The two best quality priced shotguns on the market today.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
What I have noticed about Century Arms shotguns is that they are made in China with heavy thick steel and with inferior parts. The guns are very heavy. When hunting you don't want a heavy gun with you because you carry it more than shoot it. I've also noticed they're a copy of the Remmy 870. I rather own an original than a copy. Save your coins and get a Remington or Mossberg. The two best quality priced shotguns on the market today.
If you noticed the OP said Coach gun,which is basically a sawed off double barrel shotgun.
I have one although not a Century Arms,it might be the same gun,just a different name stamped on it.
It is a decently made shotgun,but with the short barrels really not good for a hunting gun unless you plan on being real close to whatever your hunting.They mainly serve as SASS shooting shotguns(western shooting),and personal/home defense.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've got a Stoeger Uplander, 22" barrels, screw in chokes, no hammers, I like it a LOT. Mines a 20 ga which doesn't sound like the hog and gator medicine but it's made in Czech I believe, which pleases me much more than China. Look at the EAA Bounty Hunter before you buy.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
If you noticed the OP said Coach gun,which is basically a sawed off double barrel shotgun.
I have one although not a Century Arms,it might be the same gun,just a different name stamped on it.
OOPS!! Obviously the "Coach gun" part escaped me.
When reading the OP; "Century Arms", "12 gauge", and "hunting" only registered. Causing me to jump in talking about their pump-action shotguns.

I really can't add anything that hasn't already been said...coach guns really aren't practical for hunting. If you wanted a coach gun I would go Stoeger not Century Arms.