Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Century Arms 12 Gauge Coach Gun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/century-arms-12-gauge-coach-gun-27440/)

WannaGator 05-22-2010 01:55 PM

Century Arms 12 Gauge Coach Gun

Howdy yall.

I was in Dunhams Sporting Goods the other day and in their gun case was a 12 Gauge side by side shotgun with external cocking hammers from Century Arms.

Yall got one of these or had one?

Yall heard of these?

I would like to take this to FLA for next years Hog & 'Gator hunt.

TheDaggle 05-22-2010 08:23 PM

I've never hunted with one, but my dad has one my grandpa left him, and I love it. Maybe not the most practical shotgun out there, but its a helluva lot of fun to shoot!

UnderFire 05-23-2010 06:51 AM

What I have noticed about Century Arms shotguns is that they are made in China with heavy thick steel and with inferior parts. The guns are very heavy. When hunting you don't want a heavy gun with you because you carry it more than shoot it. I've also noticed they're a copy of the Remmy 870. I rather own an original than a copy. Save your coins and get a Remington or Mossberg. The two best quality priced shotguns on the market today.

Txhillbilly 05-24-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderFire (Post 288970)
What I have noticed about Century Arms shotguns is that they are made in China with heavy thick steel and with inferior parts. The guns are very heavy. When hunting you don't want a heavy gun with you because you carry it more than shoot it. I've also noticed they're a copy of the Remmy 870. I rather own an original than a copy. Save your coins and get a Remington or Mossberg. The two best quality priced shotguns on the market today.

If you noticed the OP said Coach gun,which is basically a sawed off double barrel shotgun.
I have one although not a Century Arms,it might be the same gun,just a different name stamped on it.
It is a decently made shotgun,but with the short barrels really not good for a hunting gun unless you plan on being real close to whatever your hunting.They mainly serve as SASS shooting shotguns(western shooting),and personal/home defense.

freefall 05-24-2010 06:08 AM

I've got a Stoeger Uplander, 22" barrels, screw in chokes, no hammers, I like it a LOT. Mines a 20 ga which doesn't sound like the hog and gator medicine but it's made in Czech I believe, which pleases me much more than China. Look at the EAA Bounty Hunter before you buy.

UnderFire 05-25-2010 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 289339)
If you noticed the OP said Coach gun,which is basically a sawed off double barrel shotgun.
I have one although not a Century Arms,it might be the same gun,just a different name stamped on it.

OOPS!! Obviously the "Coach gun" part escaped me. :o
When reading the OP; "Century Arms", "12 gauge", and "hunting" only registered. Causing me to jump in talking about their pump-action shotguns.

I really can't add anything that hasn't already been said...coach guns really aren't practical for hunting. If you wanted a coach gun I would go Stoeger not Century Arms.