Can you buy a shotgun the day you turn 18? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Can you buy a shotgun the day you turn 18?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
No 10 day waiting? What state you live in because I'm moving!
A 10 day waiting period on long guns is not the norm, that is used in California, DC, Hawaii has 14 i believe and possibly Connecticut, could be others. Here we have 2 days on handguns nothing on long guns.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #12

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post

A 10 day waiting period on long guns is not the norm, that is used in California, DC, Hawaii has 14 i believe and possibly Connecticut, could be others. Here we have 2 days on handguns nothing on long guns.
Or you can come to AZ. No waiting period, no license to carry concealed if over 21. You can open carry a handgun at 18 however you can't buy ammo or a handgun(this confuses me). However, any minor child can carry when in the presence of their guardian.
I open carry when at all possible in the AZ side of Blythe, CA. Freaks the hell out of people from CA. Most of them must think the rest of the country is as useless as CA when it comes to individual liberties.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #13

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

Im going start packing! Joking aside , Feinstein is going to drive us out of this state.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #14

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Im going start packing! Joking aside , Feinstein is going to drive us out of this state.
Gotta love Pennsylvania, zero waiting time for any firearms purchases and no need for license/permit

Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #15

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603

Gotta love Pennsylvania, zero waiting time for any firearms purchases and no need for license/permit
I spent some time in Erie,PA , and the Burg! My company was from PA. Would love to move to a state like that.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #16

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:

I spent some time in Erie,PA , and the Burg! My company was from PA. Would love to move to a state like that.
Born and raised in the Burgh! I love PA, most likely will live here until the day I die like the rest of my fam

Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #17

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
My cousin is planing to buy himself a shotgun for his 18th birthday so we can shoot some clay/ hunt together but his parents are not too fond of him owning one since he's barley going to be 18 so he wants to know if i can take him but i am not his guardian or parent and i work that day so can he just buy one by himself on his birthday? He has never had problems with the law. i suggested he get the mossberg 500 security/field combo or a 22lr are these good suggestions?
According to law, there is no such thing as "just barely 18" or even "just barely under 18". Example: look at sex laws.

But, if he lives at home, sorry. In my favorite words, "my house, my rules."
Well, on this case, "his parents house, their rules."

He needs a definite yes or no from them, no kinda wishy washy bull **** like "well...I don't really like the idea..." Or any of that pansy shiite. Boy's 18. Bout time someone talks to him like a ****ing man.

"yes, I think your old enough and mature enough, you have your own job, enjoy your new hobby."

"no. You may be 18, but your a whiney little baby, immature as hell, dumb as a box of rocks, and the money you want to use is money I have you and you're supposed to be saving for college. Don't like it? GTFO."

See? Not that hard. Maybe you can help him talk to his parents? Regardless, you wanna hear it straight from their mouths if you end up being the one to take him shopping. That's simply to protect yourself from family drama.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

Or you can come to AZ. No waiting period, no license to carry concealed if over 21. You can open carry a handgun at 18 however you can't buy ammo or a handgun(this confuses me). However, any minor child can carry when in the presence of their guardian.
I open carry when at all possible in the AZ side of Blythe, CA. Freaks the hell out of people from CA. Most of them must think the rest of the country is as useless as CA when it comes to individual liberties.
Looks like I'll be moving to Arizona !!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #19

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
No 10 day waiting? What state you live in because I'm moving!
Good ol kentucky but this was a few years ago, I don't know if they changed the laws on that since then. I know I can still buy a gun and walk out with a box of ammo and the gun the same day but that was last week, it might have changed.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #20

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I bought a Model 70 in .243 the day I turned 18. Shot my first Black Bear with that gun. I will never sell it.