Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Can someone help me id this ww2 stock?.? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/can-someone-help-me-id-ww2-stock-75182/)

allPhaser 10-27-2012 09:36 PM

Can someone help me id this ww2 stock?.?

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 66606

Attachment 66607

Attachment 66608

SSGN_Doc 10-27-2012 10:25 PM

Probably not a WWII stock since it is an SKS stock. Numbering placement looks consistent with Chinese Norinco and Ploytech guns. Also being a hardwood instead of laminate makes me think Chinese instead of Russian. Any other markings?

It's definitely not a shotgun stock though. You might get more help on this in the Curio and relic section than in the shotgun section.

allPhaser 10-28-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Probably not a WWII stock since it is an SKS stock. Numbering placement looks consistent with Chinese Norinco and Ploytech guns. Also being a hardwood instead of laminate makes me think Chinese instead of Russian. Any other markings?

It's definitely not a shotgun stock though. You might get more help on this in the Curio and relic section than in the shotgun section.

I Thank You for the information. No, No other obvious markings from what I can tell...if there were any other markings where should I look.
Dan

SSGN_Doc 10-28-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allPhaser (Post 992536)
I Thank You for the information. No, No other obvious markings from what I can tell...if there were any other markings where should I look.
Dan

The Russians put Arsenal marks on the right side of the stock some times. If it was a stock from re-arsenaling, then it would have a square on the right with a diagonal line through it.

The Chinese didn't use those marks.

dog2000tj 10-28-2012 02:44 AM

well it's long, has some curves to it, an indentation along the forend ... looks to be made of wood

aside from that I got nothing :D

allPhaser 10-28-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

The Russians put Arsenal marks on the right side of the stock some times. If it was a stock from re-arsenaling, then it would have a square on the right with a diagonal line through it.

The Chinese didn't use those marks.

Would this be worth listing on eBay? I mean even $20 would work.?

SSGN_Doc 10-28-2012 04:21 PM

Sure. It looks like its in good shape. Lots of folks bought SKS rifles with crummy stocks or bought them and put plastic stocks on them. Then collectors may buy them and want to put a traditional stock back on. They normally have an upper hand-guard piece as well, which it appears that one does not have. List it for $15 plus shipping and I bet you'd get higher bid offers than that.

allPhaser 11-01-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj
well it's long, has some curves to it, an indentation along the forend ... looks to be made of wood

aside from that I got nothing :D

Thanks Dog!